The Halo: CE Tips & Guide Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the online is working for you fellas?
I got into a match but it takes time. It's not working as intended.

Halo 1 feels great though. I thought it'd feel awkward since it's an old game but the mechanics imo hold up very well. I may have to check out this guide from time to time.

Edit: :rudy: infinite ammo??

This is acceptable?

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
@AkaDemiK

since button glitches exist and halo 1 and 2 does that mean I should just use the default layout for both games?

I use bumper jumper for both so i'm having to get used to not pressing the default buttons for combos...u can use any layout you want....for example in Halo 1, to double melee its BLB (melee, grenade, melee) with default settings, on bumper jumper the combo would be RBLRB (because the right bumper is melee)...

Edit: :rudy: infinite ammo??

This is acceptable?

no one who respects the game uses that glitch....and ppl can tell if you have an infinite amount of ammo for a certain weapon....

I've never used it outside of fukking around in customs runnin around n shyt..

Damn y'all serious about this.

I just be out there having fun :manny:

competitive gaming bro..not everyone is into it tho...

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
thanks ..I wanted to use bumper jumper too but I didnt know if the glitches were specific to the button or the action from the button

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
thanks ..I wanted to use bumper jumper too but I didnt know if the glitches were specific to the button or the action from the button

no prob...and don't worry bout to combo just focus on melee, shoot, reload...etc

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Ok listen, I don't want to come in and shyt on the thread, but there are too many damn stickies on top.

Which one do you want up here?

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Ok listen, I don't want to come in and shyt on the thread, but there are too many damn stickies on top.

Which one do you want up here?

bruh....just leave this up for a bit so ppl can get acclimated with the game then un-sticky it (
i asked for a temp sticky)....shyt ain't bothering nobody but u...

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
shyt gets deep dawg. A lot of H2 nikkas faked like they knew what was really god with H1, when they didn't.

when h2 first dropped...nikkas HATED IT....it was before the patch fixed a lot of shyt...but a lot of it had to do with how much the overall game changed...the meta-game from CE was gone....lack of weapons/powerups being affected by grenades, spawn system, too easy to shoot, etc...

h1 is halo in its purest form...

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
when h2 first dropped...nikkas HATED IT....it was before the patch fixed a lot of shyt...but a lot of it had to do with how much the overall game changed...the meta-game from CE was gone....lack of weapons/powerups being affected by grenades, spawn system, too easy to shoot, etc...

h1 is halo in its purest form...

Yup. Trust, I been following MLG since Melee was in there, I saw every complaint about H2. Thing is, so many more people played H2 in-depth than they EVER did H1. I remember seeing dudes claim they put in 300+ hours in H1 multi, but you ask them how to backpack reload and they had 0 idea. I didn't play Halo until 2(that's when I got a xbox), but I learned about 1 just because I wanted to see the differences in the games, and what I learned was just :whoo:.

nikkas HATED the sword off top. People complained ranking up was too hard. The rocket launcher was an insta-kill if you melee'd nikkas on the head. The pistol was destroyed. nikkas hated dual-wielding, SMG starts, and the melee thrust. Hearing all the complains I had to get on XBC. I wasn't terrible but since I couldn't really play CE online, I never bothered to really learn the nade-spots for weapons and such. I always had the knowledge, but the execution was a whole new realm. Lots of nikkas never even had the knowledge of CE. :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn some of the shyt here is
giphy.gif

Jumped in a 2v2 double ranked.

Halfway through the match my teammate quit and left me to fend for myself against the other team. Ended up with 9 kills but damn was it hard. Kept getting killed over and over.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Damn some of the shyt here is
giphy.gif

Jumped in a 2v2 double ranked.

Halfway through the match my teammate quit and left me to fend for myself against the other team. Ended up with 9 kills but damn was it hard. Kept getting killed over and over.

lvl 1-15 can be played solo and you can win if you have some kind of knowledge of the games weapons, a few nade tricks and a timer. Matches after level 15 you need a partner that you search with and you need to know the game inside or out or you’re going to struggle badly.

if you aren’t playing with a timer. Get one. ASAP.

‎Timer for Halo 1 MC Collection

This is as important as your controller when playing halo 1

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lvl 1-15 can be played solo and you can win if you have some kind of knowledge of the games weapons, a few nade tricks and a timer. Matches after level 15 you need a partner that you search with and you need to know the game inside or out or you’re going to struggle badly.

if you aren’t playing with a timer. Get one. ASAP.

‎Timer for Halo 1 MC Collection

This is as important as your controller when playing halo 1
I watched a few of those videos above and the leading shots for the pistol helped. I thought they were hitscan like the other games. I'm not comfortable enough to be doing nade tricks to get weapons or for other things. The timer thing seems to be like an unfair advantage :mjlol: but hey idk. I noticed the shotgun spawns pretty quickly on damnation i assume every 30 secs or so. I'm trash as fukk right now. Went 7-34 on Hang em High :picard: Nikkaz just be doing the most on that map getting you out within seconds of a few shots.