The Gym’s 2019 Summer Challenge: 12 Weeks

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The people have spoken and so it shall be.......For the record for anyone coming in here saying “you missed getting shredded for summer”, we know........

General Ground Rules
  • Tracking for the thread starts 6/9 and will run until 8/25 which is 12 weeks. You have a week to get on-board. Anything after 6/9 won’t be included.
  • Starting on 6/9 post your starting weight (scale pics preferred) and then provide weekly updates the following Sunday. Periodic updates are fine but I can’t sift through every post on random days so one set day (Sunday) makes that easier.
  • Please respond below (until we start) only if you definitely want to be in the competition so I know who to keep track of.
  • Feel free to respond with your nutritional plan if you want to share with others.
  • Of course this is for general motivation, accountability, etc. so let’s keep it positive.
Confirmed Participants: Jun. 9
@The ADD Starting Weight/Index: 237.2-Goal 210
@detroitwalt Starting Weight/Index: 256.4
@AquaCityBoy Starting Weight/Index: 196.6
@nikkahs B. Wildin Starting Weight/Index: 160.2
@jilla82 Starting Weight/Index: 174.8
@Da_Eggman: Starting Weight/Index: 206
@Spliff Starting Weight/Index: 212.8
@Mindfield333 Starting Weight/Index: 226.9-Goal 195
@Actually6Foot3 Starting Weight/Index: 216
@Yinny Starting Index:100-Goal 20 pound loss
@xzenothunder Starting Weight/Index: 185-Goal 165
@Panther Starting Weight/Index 217.6-Goal 205
@ThiefyPoo
@NatiboyB
@adexkola
@Piff Tannen Starting Weight/Index: 259
@King45
@Daddylongcox
@Negus in Detroit
@RTF
@Arris Starting Weight/Index 180-Goal 160 (Jul. 4)
@dora_da_destroyer
@PCHMalibu
@phcitywarrior
@Gentleman_Jack
@KING WILL

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Im in.

So, for the most part will only be posting weekly updates in this thread?
No feel free to post anything related to the challenge and your experience. In the past posters not participating have come in clogging the thread which takes away from it. Like it’s cool that they aren’t involved but dropping multiple post about where there are with training, nutrition, etc. needs to go in Random Thoughts thread.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm in I don't have a scale weight goal but I do have a couple of other fitness goals I think I can hit this summer especially 12 weeks.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I'm in but is it cool if I post my weight monthly instead of weekly? I don't want the scale to fukk up my motivation. I will post weekly pics tho

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_p8c3iwc2641wyspnlo1_500.gif

IN.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm in but is it cool if I post my weight monthly instead of weekly? I don't want the scale to fukk up my motivation. I will post weekly pics tho

Yes sir. I was going through this in the keto thread today.

Monthly is no problem. I’m mainly trying to keep people on a schedule of some sort where I’m not trying to find weight from different days every week.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@The ADD

You can spoiler the reply so it don't mess up the thread but what is the challenge? Just something to hold us accountable for 12 weeks? Is it for gains or cuts? Strength or reps? Are we just tracking weight?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
@The ADD

You can spoiler the reply so it don't mess up the thread but what is the challenge? Just something to hold us accountable for 12 weeks? Is it for gains or cuts? Strength or reps? Are we just tracking weight?
We can split it between those metrics. Weight is be easiest of course but if people provide the other metrics I’m happy to list them.

Overall it’s jut for accountability. Oddly it’s right at 12 Weeks leading into the week of Labor Day so it’s a nice target IMO.

For the record open conversation is cool but I’m trying to avoid random people in here with the “Ha, ha I’ve been cutting since January or I don’t plan to participate but here’s a 3 post paragraph on my routine while I’ve never posted in the forum before” non-sense :lolbron:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We can split it between those metrics. Weight is be easiest of course but if people provide the other metrics I’m happy to list them.

Overall it’s jut for accountability. Oddly it’s right at 12 Weeks leading into the week of Labor Day so it’s a nice target IMO.

I'm in. It should hold me over. I'll be doing one punch challenge starting June 24th. I'll gonna be gone on vacay from the 13th to the 23rd. I'm going to workout in the hotel I'm at so I won't be getting flabby and sick but I'm gonna kick it into gear in 6/24.

Count me in. On the 9th I'll post whatever my weight is and we will go from there :salute:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’m in but will miss the first two weeks, I’m on REAL vacay from the 6th-17th (ie living on a boat so not even hotel room workouts lol - gonna try to stay on track through moderating my eating tho)

I’ll also be living up to being a petty woman by posting lbs +/- and not weight :rudy: :russ: