The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's subjective is what it is.

If what is what you'd like to base it's popularity on, sure. As stated, there are many methods and how you judge it is how one defines it. Congrats Meach, you're following along! You'd get a gold star if I could put one there. :mjcry:

Nope. You're just bitter you misunderstood my opinion and fukked up. :umad:

Which is why it's subjective. :mjlol: Stay in school. I take back my gold star.

Because it's subjective and a matter of personal opinion. Congrats Meach. You've found it!

Refer to previous statement.

Nope. Once again you've misinterpreted and brought in something that wasn't there. :beli:

Mods need to put a dunce cap avatar for you.

You mismanaged your posts and were unsuccessful at not being a dumb ass.:ufdup:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I also don't get the logic of some of you who think stronger hardware will somehow "solve" console problems(performance/graphics) when it's such a vague term. If a theoretical Xbox V3 is out and has some strong specs in contrast to it's lower end model, a comparison between a game built with that in mind isn't really a true measure of how strong it is because a stronger system will always run better by pure brute force.

A PC will always have the luxury of being able to be upgraded to get what performance you desire if possible. EVERY game can run at 1080P/60fps on PS4 if the dev were to aim for that visual fidelity but then you'd have the usual suspects saying they didn't buy the system to play remastered looking games. All this to say, stronger hardware doesn't equal performance/visuals that correlate to the refresh rate of a TV and it's resolution. Devs would target better visuals and more scene complexity than to target perfect 60fps and even then that's not a given. There's always a tradeoff.

The 1080P/__FPS has become such a misused and misunderstood buzzword being thrown around with absolutely no understanding of it. Like I bet you there's dudes out here that think a game like MGSV is somehow better than say TW3 or any other open world 30fps because "It runs at 1080P/60fps!" when that's such a shortsighted view.

Note: This doesn't mean I'm against this sort of idea(of tiered consoles) but I'm just giving out my thoughts on it.
You know what, you're absolutely right. nikkas act like they dont understand that if its hitting 1080p60 then it still had some more room for better graphics. If an engine is maxed with an advanced graphics game, the 1080p30 game textures are likely way higher than 1080p60, no matter how high you go. Its a never-ending chase

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How is this shytting on early adopters:dwillhuh:

It clearly says the games will still work on the OG consoles, this just gives console gamers a choice.

I've never bought another console just for upgraded hardrive or form factor changes. But I'll damn sure buy a Xbox OnepointFive
You'll be better off buying a gaming PC.

To me this is a great idea. The PC and Xbox should have always been unified. They can make the Xbox for people that want a dedicated gaming box but give me all those same games on my PC.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

To me this is a great idea. The PC and Xbox should have always been unified. They can make the Xbox for people that want a dedicated gaming box but give me all those same games on my PC.
But it's deeper than gaming.

Is the social element.

All due respect...I could give a fukk about the PC gaming community at the moment. Only because I have no investment.

My gaming circle is on the Xbox live network. If I could get upgradeability and also my network... I'm all for it.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
But it's deeper than gaming.

Is the social element.

All due respect...I could give a fukk about the PC gaming community at the moment. Only because I have no investment.

My gaming circle is on the Xbox live network. If I could get upgradeability and also my network... I'm all for it.

sounds like you arent going to lose your circle on xbox live though.. it just may expand to PC users as well

if this opens up for games like Halo to work on PC (legally), then user base doubles and games can thrive more :blessed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Microsoft really needs to up their Win10 game though if they wanna entice PC gamers. Right now it's :flabbynsick:

Windows Live was :trash: and they abandoned it. They better make the Win10 store a lot better, if they're trying to circumvent Steam.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I have a PC but I prefer playing on console.

Was thinking about upgrading my PC soon, but I'm gonna wait to see how this shakes out, might just buy another Xbox:ehh:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Who's going to pay $400-$500 for an xbox every year or two? Forwards/backwards compatibility won't mean shyt if you can't pull your saves from the cloud and there are no cross saves. As it stands now the windows 10 games run like shyt on the windows store. On top of that there's no cross save support between xbox and PC. Fuccing retarded:mjlol:. This is clearly an exit strategy to get out of the console hardware biz. Although they'll continue selling games from there windows store on all windows 10 devices and will likely sign up OEM's to build xbox's with different specs sort of like Steam Machines which are doa btw:russ:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Microsoft really needs to up their Win10 game though if they wanna entice PC gamers. Right now it's :flabbynsick:

Windows Live was :trash: and they abandoned it. They better make the Win10 store a lot better, if they're trying to circumvent Steam.

MS didn't abandon it, PC Heads were more like :camby: to that shyt. LOL at paying for online multi.

Too bad console heads gotta deal with that shyt now on both major platforms. Thanks MS :beli:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This does see to spell the end of Console gaming in its current iteration though.

Most console consumers just want the name to make them feel safe.

When a non PC gamer hears "steambox" its like :wtf::whoa: because they think computers require installs and programs and setup. It's kind of ignorant, I know, considering UI have made great strides in making things user friendly but it's scary to get into that realm if you don't know it.

However, once Microsoft & Sony make the equivalent... they won't have fear because they'll be like, "Well, Sony isn't goign to make things difficult."

My question is, if it is a successful transition, does that mean we'll get a day when cross-platform is the complete norm and @MeachTheMonster, playing on his X2, will be asking for suppression fire from @Fatboi1, playing on his PS5, in a game of Mass Effect 7?:wow:

Also, what will that mean for the future of exclusives?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This does see to spell the end of Console gaming in its current iteration though.

Most console consumers just want the name to make them feel safe.

When a non PC gamer hears "steambox" its like :wtf::whoa: because they think computers require installs and programs and setup. It's kind of ignorant, I know, considering UI have made great strides in making things user friendly but it's scary to get into that realm if you don't know it.

However, once Microsoft & Sony make the equivalent... they won't have fear because they'll be like, "Well, Sony isn't goign to make things difficult."

My question is, if it is a successful transition, does that mean we'll get a day when cross-platform is the complete norm and @MeachTheMonster, playing on his X2, will be asking for suppression fire from @Fatboi1, playing on his PS5, in a game of Mass Effect 7?:wow:

Also, what will that mean for the future of exclusives?
Nah, PC and console will remain separate markets.

A steambox while more streamlined than a normal PC is still ultimately a PC and still requires all the fukkery that comes with PC gaming.