The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Microsoft to unify PC and Xbox One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

What this could mean is that the Xbox One becomes more like a PC, with Microsoft releasing updated versions every year or so with more powerful processors and graphics hardware. And, in theory, because games will be written as UWAs, older titles will remain compatible with the new machines.
Click to expand...​
Sony is fukked up. :pachaha:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This would be a game changer.

Or atleast, a defibrillator pack for the struggling console.

I'm HOPING this is true. N64 paved a way for consoles with the HD pack that never caught on. I don't want a gaming PC because my friends won't get one and I want my home console to be able to keep up specs wise.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Its official, they're waving the white flag on the flab box...

:russ:@ all the xbot early adopters...

Nah not waving the white flag, about to sega Genesis 32x the mufukka. And I'm all for it, have different level xboxes priced by how powerful it is, and just like a PC, the better the Xbox, the better the game runs.

As a early adapter, I'm down with this. The power of a PC with the ease of a console.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Nah not waving the white flag, about to sega Genesis 32x the mufukka. And I'm all for it, have different level xboxes priced by how powerful it is, and just like a PC, the better the Xbox, the better the game runs.

As a early adapter, I'm down with this. The power of a PC with the ease of a console.
[/QUOTE]
This.

With respect to early adoption... I'm sorry, I'm probably not waiting around a couple of years for a new console, especially when my friends are all playing. I've actually had fun with my X1.

Considering I was able to upgrade to the Elite Xbox and got the Elite controller when I exchanged my original X1...I'm looking forward to the potential upgrade they will be offering.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Its official, they're waving the white flag on the flab box...

:russ:@ all the xbot early adopters...

Will be hilarious to see how they handle Live...No PC gamer will ever pay for that shyt dumb down poor mans Steam...

Also...

:mjlol:@ xbots tryna play with controllers against PC...We don't do that aim assist pleighboi...

Windows Live :mjlol: