The Guardian lists the 25 greatest video game consoles of all time

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
N64 is so low on this list that I doubt the authors credibility:gucci:

Lowkey N64 gets underrated at times. No question it was a big step down from the SNES since a lot of 3rd party support went to the PS1. But no Nintendo console was better then it since it came out outside of the switch. Plus it holds some of the greatest games for various Nintendo franchises.

Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Ocarina of time, Majora’s Mask, Star Fox 64.

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
SNES and PS2 my favorite systems of all time so I ain’t mad. Dreamcast would be 3rd for me followed by 360.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly surprised that they didn't overrate the Wii. It is easily the most overrated console of all time. The Wii U was a failure but as a gamer, the Wii's lineup wasn't that much better. The only real difference is that the Wii had the support of casuals. I would have ranked it lower then they had it.

Also, I'm going to assume this is just a home console list since Nintendo's handhelds aren't ranked and obviously should have been ranked here otherwise.
Oh they did overrate it lol. They got it ahead of the N64 and that's complete bullshyt.

And I don't even fukk with Nintendo like that, but even I know N64 >>>> Wii

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I remember asking my mom for a PlayStation for Christmas as a young breh. I even pointed it out in the KB Toys and everything. I was hype. Christmas came I run down stairs and what do I see. A damn 3DO with Way of the Warrior:stopitslime::mjcry:
Breh the worst part about this was the 3DO was way more expensive. You know some bum working at KB probably told your mom it was the best console out so he could make more commission