The great Allen Iverson to get a statue in front of the 76ers arena

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I remember finding out he was from Virginia when I was a kid and being :patrice: because he embodied Philly so much. I thought he was from the city.

No wonder Kobe felt left out seeing as the guy from Virginia felt more Philly than him a guy who was from the area.

AI definitely deserve that statue. Wished he got a ring but, he gave us alot of good years.
Someone from Philly said he was the most Philly non-Philly person ever :mjlol:

Daps
Im convinced that many NBA fans live to find ways not to enjoy the game and tell you how you shouldn't celebrate the experience.

Just trash fans.

Toxic culture.
Right, I should enjoy watching brick fest Iverson called offense.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dudes really feeling a way about Sixers putting up a statue of him. This shyt is wild as fukk.
Man played 12 seasons for Philly, averaged 28 while there, won an MVP, took them to the finals and people questioning him getting honored by the team:dahell:
I said nothing about a statue...Just that his legacy is a little overrated....Just look at some of the comments in this thread...One poster said "AI is top 5 most influential player in history".......Like really?

“He represented what Black kids were all about, and he resonated with every inner-city kid in the world who had a struggle,” LeBron James once told Sports Illustrated. “Michael Jordan inspired me, and I looked up to him, but he was out of this world. AI was really the god.”

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaks more so of his impact to the game. Context matters, 50 years from now some kid is going to look up his stats like you did and see him way lower than 33rd points scored and say the same thing. You had to live through the MVP, the sneakers, the commercials, the interviews, etc to appreciate the value he brought to the league and basketball as a game.
I watched. Didn't just look up his stats. I remember sitting through many 6-24 or 8-31 just awful shooting nights. Yeah he was a great player but put any all star on a team with 0 other offensive options and they're gonna put up numbers. Doesn't make them an all time great or worthy of a statue.
Just my opinion. Everyone wanna talk about culture or impact though. 50 years from now he won't even be top 100