The Gospel says that none of your loved ones that passed are in Heaven

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Hush man child
I understand that we may have different perspectives, demon, and I respect your right to your beliefs. Personally, I believe in living a life guided by my faith and values, which include treating others with kindness and respect, demon. If you ever feel inclined to engage in a meaningful conversation about our differences in a respectful manner, I am open to the idea and willing to discuss it with you, demon.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I thought this thread would at least include scripture to solidify OP’s opinion but this a point of contention in the church and

There are scriptures that could conflict with each other on whether believers go right to be with the Lord or if there is a purgatory until the 2nd coming of the Lord.

Jesus tells one of the criminal ms that hung on the cross along side him that he’d see paradise with him according to Luke 23:43

“Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Thats my biggest pet peeve with coli threads discussing biblical themes smh

anyways OP is correct...

1 Kings 2:10 - So David slept with his Fathers, and was buried in the city of David.

Daniel 12:2 - 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 11:11-14 (paraphrasing) When people were trippin about the death of Lazarus, Christ referred to his state as being "sleep" and that he must "wake him". The disciples didnt understand so then Christ says Lazarus is "dead".

There are no babies with wings flying in clouds when u die

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats my biggest pet peeve with coli threads discussing biblical themes smh

anyways OP is correct...

1 Kings 2:10 - So David slept with his Fathers, and was buried in the city of David.

Daniel 12:2 - 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 11:11-14 (paraphrasing) When people were trippin about the death of Lazarus, Christ referred to his state as being "sleep" and that he must "wake him". The disciples didnt understand so then Christ says Lazarus is "dead".

There are no babies with wings flying in clouds when u die

Whoa. So whats up with spirits that stick around and haunt people and places? Can they not accept death or is that not covered in the bible

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Jesus tells one of the criminal ms that hung on the cross along side him that he’d see paradise with him according to Luke 23:43

“Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
My fault I missed this part of your message

2wbHDmO.png

Notice how in the original Greek manuscript (which you are able to look up at CodexSinaitcus.org) There is little to no punctuations in that style of writing (Scriptio Continua aka run on sentence style)... When it gets translated in the latin vulgate and after, punctuation is added by the translators for improved readability

Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise. (implies immediate entry into paradise)
Truly I tell you, today, you will be with me in paradise. (implies the promise made today, paradise will come later)

One comma added can change how that text can be interpreted...there are enough precepts for me to accept Paradise doesnt come immediately after death but after the resurrection.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Whoa. So whats up with spirits that stick around and haunt people and places? Can they not accept death or is that not covered in the bible

Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Revelation 14:13 13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

There are too many precepts that explains death as "sleep" or "rest" until a future time. So I dont think thats humans stuck in a haunted house...but there are scriptures that talk about unclean spirits.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I understand that we may have different perspectives, demon, and I respect your right to your beliefs. Personally, I believe in living a life guided by my faith and values, which include treating others with kindness and respect, demon. If you ever feel inclined to engage in a meaningful conversation about our differences in a respectful manner, I am open to the idea and willing to discuss it with you, demon.
Negro no. We have nothing to discuss. I want to see christianity burn and its ashes scattered in the wind.

I hate the idea, concept of jesus and how it has created the infantile negro, that continues to believe in its bullshyt.

I will shyt on jesus and god until I take my last breath and if I come across either I will draw blood.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
-I was watching some vid on the Bible like last week & it said something to the point of you won't even have the same ties or be reunited with your loved ones in the way people think.
I'm not religious, but I was raised Baptist, went to Sunday school and a religious pre-school/kindergarten and I vaguely recall
this being told to us as well.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jesus been coming back since my gran mammy was born and she was born in 1939.

A magic man gonna fall out of the sky and hold court like judge Mathis?

Why god make some people rich and some people poor but yet we pray to the same guy?