"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
:scusthov:ATL is overrated...although what OP said is true the fags, bums, and traffic kill it for me....ATL is like the United State's a$$hole, the bums have cardboard neighborhoods down there and sleep in the middle of the sidewalk and there's traffic to go around the corner DC is where its at
You don't know shyt about Atlanta

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
How do you overstate Atlanta being gay?

It's the city with the highest gay population in the country.
It's numbers, fukkface.

That's not even on some anti-gay shyt.
I have no problem with gay rights. But yall can't act like the motherfukker was lying.

:rudy:
Umm, the motherfukker IS lying. God you nikkaz are some dubs.

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
Has any native Atlantanian been to Stone Mountain? When I was down there I was suppose to go but never went. Is as fun as people make it out?

I already know about it being a place where slaves use to be hanged. :merchant: That kinda backed me away from hiking up there.
I'm from here. I don't fukk with sm. Not the part where normal ppl reside, but the real stone mountain where them cacs at

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
1. The poor have gotten poorer EVERYWHERE
2. This is false. Unemployment are is similar to any other city. Black women do lovworking under Cacs down here, though.
3. Why is that? Atlanta has studios on every corner and getting on radio is easy
4.For an educated man, its easily 5:1
5. Who wants to live in Atlanta proper? Gentrification is happening in ALL cities globally.
6. ClayCo is the way it is because Atlanta Public Housing was absolved 10 years ago...this idea that suburbs are being ruined is dumb as hell
:snoop:
You are right you have to be from here to know when we got the Olympics they started tearing down the projects (not really a bad thing) then they gave all the ppl section 8 and if you from here then you would understand the mind state that mfers moved to the clayco, decatur, Riverdale and all that. Them places used to be lame as hell. Now a days you can't tell, but I know. I grew up in Perry homes, it was crazy to be out trapping and you see Olympic athletes training while you on the block.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Which metro Atlanta county's population grew the most last year? (SLIDESHOW)
Aug 13, 2015, 11:31am EDT Updated Aug 13, 2015, 11:37am EDT
I
screen-shot-2015-08-13-at-110852-am.png

screen-shot-2015-08-13-at-110827-am.png

screen-shot-2015-08-13-at-110730-am.png

Atlanta is known as a city of transplants, and it has experienced another another year of steady population growth, according to a study by Atlanta Regional Commission.

From April, 1, 2014 to April 1, 2015, the region added 60,300 new residents, bringing the total population for the 10-country region to 4,332,600.

SLIDESHOW above.

Gwinnett County added 15,700 new residents, the largest single-year growth in the region. Cobb County added 10,500 people, Fulton County added 12,300, and Cherokee added 5,800.

More rural counties like Cherokee, Douglas and Henry had population booms within the last decade, and more urban counties grew most during the 1990s. The region has added about 45,000 new residents every year since 2010, but the population grew much faster between 1990 and 2010. During the 1990s, the region added over 900,000 new residents.

By percentage growth, Atlanta grew the most during the 1950s, when its population grew by 38 percent.

There were almost 20,000 new residential building permits in 2014, 1,600 more permits than in 2013. However, building permit activity still pales in comparison to pre-recession population growth levels. As building permits ramp back up, so will population growth, the study said.

In Fulton, which includes the Atlanta, 70 percent of the building permits issued last year were for multi-family units, which have smaller household sizes and higher vacancy rates than single-family homes. By contrast, permits in Gwinnett County were 93 percent single-family. Fulton issued more than twice the number of total permits than Gwinnett, but Gwinnett added 3,400 more residents in the past year than Fulton.

Which metro Atlanta county's population grew the most last year? - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
looking to move .. any brehs renting out any decent apartments? .. I work in sandy springs so im trying to stay vinings or above out to brookhaven.. id fukk with downtown too if I could :wow:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
looking to move .. any brehs renting out any decent apartments? .. I work in sandy springs so im trying to stay vinings or above out to brookhaven.. id fukk with downtown too if I could :wow:

I live in brookhaven and work right near sandy springs. Its perfect for me. No buckhead traffic but can get to buckhead in 5 mins and midtown in 10. Work commute is about 15-20 minutes