"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
How was it? seems like its a good environment, forgot it was this weekend and went to a braves game instead.
Dawg it was OBNOXIOUS....and I mean that in a :blessed: :ahh: kinda way. :pachaha:

There were 9000 people at the Family Feud jawn on Friday.

The Expo popped all weekend.

The TV and movie screenings were lit.

The Greek Stepshow had SO MANY fine ass women there that I'm pretty sure they broke some kind of occupancy law out that hoe.

The celebrity parties and concerts were SUPER LIT and all the venues around downtown were poppin from early Friday morning to RIGHT NOW, even though it's died down some. I met more celebs this weekend than I did my whole life in Philly/Jerz OR Cali.

This city is seriously GOAT status.

Last edited:

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I know we all work in different parts of the city, but for those who work Downtown and Midtown I'ma throw yall some lunch recommendations, the link is the Yelp page

Currently, I'm off Spring near Atlantic Station.

Mr. Everything (by the AUC) - bomb ass plates with your choice of meat (lamb, chicken, steak etc) over yellow rice and vegetables. Itis inducing
Neighborhood Eats (in an office building across from R Thomas) - breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, burgers. Had the chicken sandwich today :whew:
Big Al's Gourmet Made Butter Burgers (across from Justin's, in the plaza with Firehouse Subs )- I've been on a search for the best burger in Atlanta. It might be here
Bell Street Burritos (next to R Thomas) - I'm not a fan of Chipotle. If you don't want Moes, Tin Lizzys, or any of the other "Mexican" spots, this is a good alternative.

I've only been for dinner/drinks but The Sivas off Juniper is a nice spot if you like Mediterranean food. They also have hookah if that's your thing. I'd recommend it for a date spot

Crazy Cuban

Cypress Street

Busy B Cafe

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Folks on the Atlanta Reddit were crying about Edgewood getting ratchet. Neglecting the fact that O4W is a historically black community. We just taking that shyt back!

What happened to Edgewood? • /r/Atlanta

White folks scary as hell tho, reminds me of a link to a forum @chefmate7days sent me about Candler Rd being a place you don't want to go to if you're white

Daaaaammmmn. Was out there last night and thought it was just me. Just moved back to the city and I ain't been to Edgewood since before I moved. That shyt was a total 180 from what it was before I left the A. It was nothing but hood nikkas out there last night. Dudes in the dive bars throwing sets up, nikkas outside fighting, cops literally chasing nikkas in the street. shyt was wild. It was str8 but I miss the old Edgewood when it used to be all types of broads out on the strip. Looks like the white folks have left Edgewood all the way alone now.

fukk them Cacs but the quality of broads has gone way down. Used to be a ton of bad Asian and Indian broads out there. And those dumb young nikkas chased them away. If I wanna do the hood shyt I'll just do a westside strip club tour and hit up the Flame and Babes. I go downtown to get fly and see exotic bytches. Not young nikkas banging and trying to start shyt.

And who the fukk wants that shyt to go back to how O4W was? My nikka if you saw that shyt when that area used to be Pink City you wouldn't be saying that. Real shyt. I'm an OG Atlanta nikka and I remember when the corner of Jackson & Edgewood was a million dollar trap. It's waaaaay better now. No fukking reason the same fukking hood MLK grew up in should be over run with fiends and D boys. shyt is embarrassing for the city.

Last edited:

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
what the hell did you think ATL was?

Im I supposed to be psychic and just figure had a top notch recreation and kick back activities. I have heard people complain about the partying ways of ATL and on the flip, I have heard the good.So it was only right I experience it for myself.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I know we all work in different parts of the city, but for those who work Downtown and Midtown I'ma throw yall some lunch recommendations, the link is the Yelp page

Currently, I'm off Spring near Atlantic Station.

Mr. Everything (by the AUC) - bomb ass plates with your choice of meat (lamb, chicken, steak etc) over yellow rice and vegetables. Itis inducing
Neighborhood Eats (in an office building across from R Thomas) - breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, burgers. Had the chicken sandwich today :whew:
Big Al's Gourmet Made Butter Burgers (across from Justin's, in the plaza with Firehouse Subs )- I've been on a search for the best burger in Atlanta. It might be here
Bell Street Burritos (next to R Thomas) - I'm not a fan of Chipotle. If you don't want Moes, Tin Lizzys, or any of the other "Mexican" spots, this is a good alternative.

I've only been for dinner/drinks but The Sivas off Juniper is a nice spot if you like Mediterranean food. They also have hookah if that's your thing. I'd recommend it for a date spot

I live right across the street from Mr Everything. Food is mediocre at best.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Went to Tony Morrows BBQ in downtown College Park with my pops, my girl and my daughter. It was cool but they didn't have any ribs :beli: and they didn't have their liquor license

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
We gone have to agree to disagree on this one breh. Them rice plates be hittin

Sorry breh, this came from the top. Even chief sofa said it was gahbage

Chief-Keef-Sued-Charity-Event.-NAH-400x242.jpg