"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
- Weather is cold for like 3 months. Its about to be over in the next 10 days. By first week of April shyt will be right. Everything green and the women will barely be wearing any clothes.

- Marta sucks, but thats b/c white people running government suck. And cacs in Cobb refuse to join in. Unless you live along Marta it sucks. They built a street car downtown, and hopefully they will expand that to more places. But yea, you need a Car or use Uber. I wish ATL would do like Chicago with the L and build it above ground.

- Gays shouldn't bother anyone. They do their thing. There are plenty of them.

what part of the city are you in?

I'm in Decatur, where apparently, everything is supposed to be greater. Right off the Candler Rd exit. I got a partna that stays on the South West side, I think in Camp Creek. I think I might like his part of town better though. Good thing to hear about the weather, I ready for it to warm up.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I'm in Decatur, where apparently, everything is supposed to be greater. Right off the Candler Rd exit. I got a partna that stays on the South West side, I think in Camp Creek. I think I might like his part of town better though. Good thing to hear about the weather, I ready for it to warm up.

Decatur and East Lake is straight. I will hit up Twains to shoot pool every now and then. You got that starlight drive-in for movies too. At least you're close enough to a Marta station to get downtown for Philips/GaDome and whatnot.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
@1/2OfDaBruinz

Glad you're enjoying the city. You actually aint living too far from me. Transportation, vibe, and life in general, Atlanta is different from Chicago. I think Chicago is up there with LA and NY when we're talking "World Class" cities.

Only thing keeping me from moving up to Chicago is the weather, but my dad and all his side of the fam live and are from up there. Summertime Chi :ahh:

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I went a few weeks ago. Weather and people are nice. Found the city to be smaller than I thought.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
@1/2OfDaBruinz

have you gone to the AUC yet? March used to be the best time of the year with Freaknik and Spring break. Were you in town for Outkast?

Bomani Jones @bomani_jones · 7m7 minutes ago
keep in mind i basically grew up on a college campus. i wasn’t new to the idea of a campus full of women. the auc was something else, tho.
Joshua Henry @purplehayes562 · 16m16 minutes ago
@bomani_jones cuh, I visited Clark-Atlanta when I was in college and went to a step show. I immediately regretted my scholastic decision.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The yard of any HBCU in spring

t6rssj.gif

Hell, fall thru Hole in The Wall on any given Wednesday and you'll come across some nice shawties too

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
@1/2OfDaBruinz

Glad you're enjoying the city. You actually aint living too far from me. Transportation, vibe, and life in general, Atlanta is different from Chicago. I think Chicago is up there with LA and NY when we're talking "World Class" cities.

Only thing keeping me from moving up to Chicago is the weather, but my dad and all his side of the fam live and are from up there. Summertime Chi :ahh:

Yeah man, the winter in Chicago is brutal. It will fukk around and still be snowing in April. But the summers are on another level:whew:

@1/2OfDaBruinz

have you gone to the AUC yet? March used to be the best time of the year with Freaknik and Spring break. Were you in town for Outkast?

Bomani Jones @bomani_jones · 7m7 minutes ago
keep in mind i basically grew up on a college campus. i wasn’t new to the idea of a campus full of women. the auc was something else, tho.
Joshua Henry @purplehayes562 · 16m16 minutes ago
@bomani_jones cuh, I visited Clark-Atlanta when I was in college and went to a step show. I immediately regretted my scholastic decision.

I haven't been to the AUC yet, but I know its on point because my boy won't stop telling me about it:pachaha:

I wasn't here for Outkast, but my boy keep telling me about this One Music Fest that's supposed to be live as hell. I'm hitting this Currency concert in March at this spot called Masquerades. I plan on hitting a lot of shows, since I see that it's ALWAYS something going on in Atlanta. My boy also been telling me that I gotta check out this spot called the U-Bar by him.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yea its spread out. Basically a bunch of neighborhoods. Unless youre living in Midtown or Downtow....you arent getting a big city vibe.
I stayed in Buckhead. It was nice, but farther from downtown than I thought. I'm glad I didn't stay downtown though. You really need a car to do anything.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I stayed in Buckhead. It was nice, but farther from downtown than I thought. I'm glad I didn't stay downtown though. You really need a car to do anything.

Yea Buckhead is where all the whites stay/live. They got the shopping up there - about it.

Im down in Midtown so its easy for me to walk or use Marta. But its basically the only place in the city like that.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yea Buckhead is where all the whites stay/live. They got the shopping up there - about it.

Im down in Midtown so its easy for me to walk or use Marta. But its basically the only place in the city like that.
I went to Lenox but it's like every mall up here basically. I like the new condos they're building and I feel like every car was new or luxury.