The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The food spots:francis:........I know they are the bomb:dame:
I will be there soon:feedme:......guide me, please:sas1:

I want that Jamaican, soul food, Haitian, Cuban, DR/PR shyt:blessed:

I live in Harlem so all my recommendations will be there:
Jamaican - Rusty's 134th St. and Adam Clayton Powell Blvd. (7th Ave), it is a hole in the wall no seating at all, but the food is oh so authentic. :ohlawd:
Soul Food - traditional soul food spots you can go to Amy Ruth's on 116th and Lenox (6th Ave.) or Sylvia's on Lenox near 127th. But I really recommend Red Rooster, it is all new school and chic but the food is better to. It's on Lenox between 125th and 126th.
Haitian - Not really a Haitian spot but French African spot Yatenga, on Adam Clayton Powell and 133rd. And next door is a cool African bar The Shrine. Every night there is a good male/female ratio and it is a friendly spot.
For DR/PR - It's a chain but if you go on a Friday/Saturday nite it is soo poppin'! Don Coqui there's one in Astoria, Queens and one on City Island in the Bronx. It has good food but it is soo live in the evening it's not the main reason to go. Go on a weekend night and guaranteed you will run into at least a decent party.

Not really up on a Cuban spot and if you can ask someone from Brooklyn I'm sure they got better Jamaican spots out there. I'm not really up on that tho. Soul Food tho come to Harlem.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I thought this show was okay. Not even good or great. Just okay. I felt like they kind of sold it as purely a hiphop story and tried to tie in too many other things. I think it was too long. I just wanted them to get to the Get Down Brothers performance sooner.

But I will say, there were some bad broads in this shyt. Mylene and her two friends....how old are they...before i say something illegal...:whew:
That scene where they were all around that kitchen table and Mylene opened the door in them jeans...:ohlawd:
And that dark skin sister:ohlawd::ohlawd:

again how old are they?

I'll keep watching, though. Even though Zeek sounded like a caveman at times. Yeah, there was some stuff I just wasn't feeling in this shyt.

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
I thought this show was okay. Not even good or great. Just okay. I felt like they kind of sold it as purely a hiphop story and tried to tie in too many other things. I think it was too long. I just wanted them to get to the Get Down Brothers performance sooner.

But I will say, there were some bad broads in this shyt. Mylene and her two friends....how old are they...before i say something illegal...:whew:
That scene where they were all around that kitchen table and Mylene opened the door in them jeans...:ohlawd:

again how old are they?

I'll keep watching, though. Even though Zeek sounded like a caveman at times. Yeah, there was some stuff I just wasn't feeling in this shyt.
"I thought this show was okay. Not even good or great. Just okay. I felt like they kind of sold it as purely a hiphop story and tried to tie in too many other things. I think it was too long. I just wanted them to get to the Get Down Brothers performance sooner." :rudy:

"Mylene and her two friends....how old are they...before i say something illegal.."

Not sure about Regina & Yolanda. But Mylene is 19.. Shorti almost didn't meet the requirements. She juuuust made it! :shaq:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wenn28773725.jpg

Mrs Green had them out for the red carpet

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
When Zeke was talking to the CAC and the roach started climbing on him. That imagery :wow:

The way it intertwined with that triple power soliloquy :wow::wow::wow:

This show got me! This show got me! But that budget of $120 mil and 70's theme, hip hop centric, and indelible Bronze skin cast( :blessed:)makes me feel like people won't accept it for what it is. I ain't look at no reviews or anything but from this thread and how much of black media has been perceived in the past I wouldn't be surprised if people are easily turned off. Just from this thread alone yall been saying there's mixed reviews from white critics. I'm all for letting work speak for itself but I couldn't help spread the word about this show, and if you want to drown out those critics and demographics that don't feel the connection we do to it, I suggest you do the same. Make some noise about it. Watch all 6 eps even if you find it mediocre, tell everybody with an open ear about it and we'll see much more dignifying, controlled representation in media.

$120 mil and yall saying the acting ain't A1 the editing ain't A1 and a few other choices but as far as opinions go I refuse to let anyone tell me this isn't a good show. We push this right and we get bigger budgets, better cast, better editing, directing, everything.

SouthSac916

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Sacramento

again how old are they?

The Spanish hotty graduated from Rutgers in theater and Spanish. Man when she was simulating in the back seat when they rode with the uncle:takedat: see why puffy misses JLo