The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
These trailers man practically a fukin mini movie in itself, shyt was going good too until the cheesy singer (talk about momentum killer). Really wish hype Williams or someone with melanin spearheaded this but I am excited to see it nonetheless

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I was just on Collider and the description of this show sounds A LOT like that show Vinyl that's going to air on HBO.

[The Get Down] will focus on 1970s New York City – broken down and beaten up, violent, cash strapped — dying. Consigned to rubble, a rag-tag crew of South Bronx teenagers are nothings and nobodies with no one to shelter them – except each other, armed only with verbal games, improvised dance steps, some magic markers and spray cans. From Bronx tenements, to the SoHo art scene; from CBGBs to Studio 54 and even the glass towers of the just-built World Trade Center, The Get Down is a mythic saga of how New York at the brink of bankruptcy gave birth to hip-hop, punk and disco — told through the lives and music of the South Bronx kids who changed the city, and the world…forever.

Which show captures the era and is a better drama I wonder? I'm rocking with Netflix's The Get Down early! It looks more street level than Vinyl.