The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion Special Official Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The Janet stuff makes more sense now. Will basically felt this show was his way out of Philly. I think he went bankrupt already and his music career had stalled so the acting had to work out. He perceived Janet’s off the set issues as being harmful to the show, and thus to him, so he got her off. The rest of the cast either felt the same way not wanting their bread messed up if the show got canceled or they secretly liked Janet but was too scared to speak out against Will. Either I understand both sides :manny: Janet made sense. Calling a black woman in Hollywood difficult is the kiss of death. She was never going to be a big star but there’s no reason why she shouldn’t have been on tv the last two decades or at least in some black movies or hallmark type movies. She got fukked over. If I was Will, I’d get her set up with some roles if she still wanted to act and I’d throw her a few million :manny:

But at the same time, he also didn't know industry "rules" so IMO, I don't think he knew he was doing that to her career.

Daps
I finally watched this.

I enjoyed it a lot and it was great to see Will squash the beef with the OG Aunt Viv.

My only gripes
  • This could’ve used a moderator. Will did a good job but the right moderator could’ve gotten an even better dynamic for storytelling (which we all want to hear)
  • No Uncle Phil is tough for this. He’s arguably the 2nd most important character on the show and I would’ve loved to hear his own words on how he got into the role and his stories about the crew
  • No cameos from guest appearances on the show. Queen Latifah, Jasmine Guy, Tyra Banks, Don Cheadle, DL Hughley. I know there roles were small but I would’ve loved to hear from them
Maybe cause I was still a kid and didn’t see it at that time but :wow::wow: Hilary was gorgeous. There were some scenes were I legit rank her ahead of Halle Berry

Last edited:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I finally watched this.

I enjoyed it a lot and it was great to see Will squash the beef with the OG Aunt Viv.

My only gripes
  • This could’ve used a moderator. Will did a good job but the right moderator could’ve gotten an even better dynamic for storytelling (which we all want to hear)
  • No Uncle Phil is tough for this. He’s arguably the 2nd most important character on the show and I would’ve loved to hear his own words on how he got into the role and his stories about the crew
  • No cameos from guest appearances on the show. Queen Latifah, Jasmine Guy, Tyra Banks, Don Cheadle, DL Hughley. I know there roles were small but I would’ve loved to hear from them
Maybe cause I was still a kid and didn’t see it at that time but :wow::wow: Hilary was gorgeous. There were some scenes were I legit rank her ahead of Halle Berry
Straight dime

I always ranked her >> Ashley :mjpls: