The Forbidden Door official thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Tony Khan was legit just saying in the past month or so that WWE couldn’t do nothing with NJPW :mjlol:

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Tony Khan was legit just saying in the past month or so that WWE couldn’t do nothing with NJPW :mjlol:
I'm skeptical, because it's Karl Anderson.

That said, he beat Tanahashi and Wheeler Yuta just last month. Putting over Hikuleo just to build up the next defense...which I was assuming he would still win.

I don't think that NJPW is working with WWE just yet, but I do think this is more along the new way WWE does business, like all the stuff Jeff Jarrett did when he had a cup of coffee back.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Impact and NJPW work with everyone

I doubt this means anything in terms of jepordizing AEW relationship with New Japan (Even with the pending Noah agreement) seeing as Mox will be doing stuf with them

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

I doubt this means anything in terms of jepordizing AEW relationship with New Japan (Even with the pending Noah agreement) seeing as Mox will be doing stuf with them
The big question is will WWE wrestlers go to Japan to work some like they used to in the 80s and early 90s? I mean not like an excursion, that's never happening again, but just some big dates.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

From what's been reported they only had a handshake deal to work through WK17, so I'm guessing Anderson, who didn't come out with the Openweight Title, is dropping the title at one of their upcoming shows.

The big question is will WWE wrestlers go to Japan to work some like they used to in the 80s and early 90s? I mean not like an excursion, that's never happening again, but just some big dates.

If that happens, another question to ask is how hands-on WWE would be in the booking of those talents? Don't see them having issues with WWE guys squashing NJPW jobbers, but for bigger names (Okada, Naito, White, Tanahashi) there could be pushback.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

They should be allowed to do this. There's enough talent to go around where wrestlers can go away for a few weeks if need be. You not gonna have the entire roster on every show. Companies should be mature enough to work together. I understand wanting to keep make stars like Reigns or Mox or White unless it's a major cross promotion ppv and buildup like Forbidden Door. But not someone like Karl Anderson.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They should be allowed to do this. There's enough talent to go around where wrestlers can go away for a few weeks if need be. You not gonna have the entire roster on every show. Companies should be mature enough to work together. I understand wanting to keep make stars like Reigns or Mox or White unless it's a major cross promotion ppv and buildup like Forbidden Door. But not someone like Karl Anderson.
I’ve long said it would be beneficial for WWE talent to wrestle elsewhere. It never hurts to get first hand exposure and experience to how different wrestling companies operate and more varied forms of wrestling.