"The FLASH" Season 3, official thread

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
shyt, I need help figuring out something.

There had to be an original reason for Barry to create the time remnant to become Savitar. I don't like the explainer. He has to exist at some point without killing Iris. It was because of that he got created.

See... The thing about time travel is once you do it and make a change to either that past or future, there will always be a paradox.

For example, Reverse Flash goes back in time and kills Barry's mom when he was 10 right.. Now at some point in time there had to be a timeline where he never killed his mom, right? Cuz let's say hypothetically reverse flash wants to go back in time and kill her when Barry was 16. But because that never actually happens and it's only hypothetical, she wouldn't be alive because the paradox is reverse flash killed her when Barry was 10. So there is no timeline where Barry's mom is alive. It's a fixated point in time.

Another example in case that one confused you, lets say you were 10 years old and met a future version of yourself. That future version of you remembers meeting himself at 10 years old. Hence, there's never a time when 10 years old you didn't meet your future self.

Savitar Barry pretty much said it in this last episode. The thing about time travel is, the more you do it, the less the rules apply. Remember in episode 2 when Jay was showing Barry that cup (which represented time) and he broke it and basically told him the more he time travels the more he breaks that cup and even tho he puts it back together it will never look as new as when he first time traveled? That's time travel in a nutshell. There's really no beginning middle or end to it, it's just one big loop

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

There had to be an original reason for Barry to create the time remnant to become Savitar. I don't like the explainer. He has to exist at some point without killing Iris. It was because of that he got created.

See... The thing about time travel is once you do it and make a change to either that past or future, there will always be a paradox.

For example, Reverse Flash goes back in time and kills Barry's mom when he was 10 right.. Now at some point in time there had to be a timeline where he never killed his mom, right? Cuz let's say hypothetically reverse flash wants to go back in time and kill her when Barry was 16. But because that never actually happens and it's only hypothetical, she wouldn't be alive because the paradox is reverse flash killed her when Barry was 10. So there is no timeline where Barry's mom is alive. It's a fixated point in time.

Another example in case that one confused you, lets say you were 10 years old and met a future version of yourself. That future version of you remembers meeting himself at 10 years old. Hence, there's never a time when 10 years old you didn't meet your future self.

Savitar Barry pretty much said it in this last episode. The thing about time travel is, the more you do it, the less the rules apply. Remember in episode 2 when Jay was showing Barry that cup (which represented time) and he broke it and basically told him the more he time travels the more he breaks that cup and even tho he puts it back together it will never look as new as when he first time traveled? That's time travel in a nutshell. There's really no beginning middle or end to it, it's just one big loop

SHORT VERSION :
Emo Barry (doesn't mean Barry from 2020) just an emo barry (like maybe end of season 2 emo) becomes savitar .. he time travels to before time and created the harry potter stone and made himself.. so now he exists before time and during time, therefore there will always be a savitar

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

The time remnant was created to kill Savitar, it's a loop.

Savitar escapes from the Speed Force and threatens to kill Iris -> Barry creates a time remnant to try to stop him but fails ->Time remnant is rejected by Team Flash->Time Remant gets trapped in the Speed Force and becomes Savitar> Savitar goes back in time->Savitar escapes from the speed force and threatens to kill Iris->Barry creates a time remnant to try to stop him, etc.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
The time remnant was created to kill Savitar, it's a loop.

Savitar escapes from the Speed Force and threatens to kill Iris -> Barry creates a time remnant to try to stop him but fails ->Time remnant is rejected by Team Flash->Time Remant gets trapped in the Speed Force and becomes Savitar> Savitar goes back in time->Savitar escapes from the speed force and threatens to kill Iris->Barry creates a time remnant to try to stop him, etc.

So in order to break the loop, all Team Flash would have to do is to accept the Time Remnant right? I mean that is is the sole beginning of him becoming Savitar in the first place.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
So in order to break the loop, all Team Flash would have to do is to accept the Time Remnant right? I mean that is is the sole beginning of him becoming Savitar in the first place.

See, I don't get this because now that he knows this I would assume he wouldn't make time remnants. Plus 2024 Barry told him about Tracy and said she trapped him in the speed force 4 years after Iris death. So I'm assuming that the paradox is already broken since he met her now and she's already created something to trap him. Plus once he went to the future, the 2024 future him would've had to remember going to see his future self back in 2017.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
See, I don't get this because now that he knows this I would assume he wouldn't make time remnants. Plus 2024 Barry told him about Tracy and said she trapped him in the speed force 4 years after Iris death. So I'm assuming that the paradox is already broken since he met her now and she's already created something to trap him. Plus once he went to the future, the 2024 future him would've had to remember going to see his future self back in 2017.

I'm assuming what could possibly happen is that Iris actually accepts Savitar as whom he is which thus stops him from killing her thus breaking the cycle, otherwise it'll be just endless. Barry just stopping Savitar isn't enough in my opinion. Savitar has to be a part of Team Flash just as much as Barry is, which sounds a bit strange.

I think all Savitar wanted was to be loved and accepted by the people whom he cared about. Once that wasn't possible, thus the cycle started.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I'm assuming what could possibly happen is that Iris actually accepts Savitar as whom he is which thus stops him from killing her thus breaking the cycle, otherwise it'll be just endless. Barry just stopping Savitar isn't enough in my opinion. Savitar has to be a part of Team Flash just as much as Barry is, which sounds a bit strange.

I think all Savitar wanted was to be loved and accepted by the people whom he cared about. Once that wasn't possible, thus the cycle started.

True, cuz remember time remnant Barry is still Barry. Imagine if we watched our main Barry have everyone abandon him. That would hurt like hell. That would build years of resentment.

I think the writers are gonna do something really cheesy and predictable like have flash on the verge of dying and Killer Frost intervenes and goes against Savitar. Then killer Frost becomes good and everyone lives happily ever after or whatever.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I got a question .. time remnants are pretty much past or future versions of yourself. And since savitar is a time remnant, why didn't he just go back to his time ? Barry can pretty much go back in time 1 second and make as many remnants as possible. So why not send them back after he's done with them?

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I got a question .. time remnants are pretty much past or future versions of yourself. And since savitar is a time remnant, why didn't he just go back to his time ? Barry can pretty much go back in time 1 second and make as many remnants as possible. So why not send them back after he's done with them?

Because, in my opinion, that wouldn't solve the problem, only intensify it. We have to keep in mind, the very reason Savitar is doing this is because he wasnt accepted by team flash. Savitar could go back in time but it wouldn't change the root core of his problem: His lack of acceptance. You can tell he blames team Flash for this so he's taking out his hatred on them.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Because, in my opinion, that wouldn't solve the problem, only intensify it. We have to keep in mind, the very reason Savitar is doing this is because he wasnt accepted by team flash. Savitar could go back in time but it wouldn't change the root core of his problem: His lack of acceptance. You can tell he blames team Flash for this so he's taking out his hatred on them.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

I kinda get that, but then I'm like... If he goes back to his own timeline, he'd be the only Barry and they would accept him. They only abandoned savitar barry because they already had a Barry and that was just two too many Barry's for them. Go back to your timeline and be the sole Barry, problem solved...

But I guess you could play devil's advocate and say the resentment he would have knowing he was abandoned would be enough to fuel his anger even if he could just leave :patrice: