"The Flash" Season 2 thread

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Episode was lit. :banderas:

Fukk what anybody says, Zoom is that villain. Unlike Reverse Flash who spent all of the first season plotting and planning and sneaking around and conniving, Zoom gives no fukks and is a straight killa. :damn:

Low key, I think Barry actually is dead, but he'll get brought back via some time travel fukkery. Like maybe Caitlin dies and Zoom goes back in time to save her, and ends up accidentally preventing Barry from dying too. Or maybe Wally and Jesse will time travel. Although it's always possible he'll just reappear somewhere and the writers will be like "Speed Force, ain't gotta explain shyt".

Zoom came thru at the end for no other reason than to give Team Flash the :umad:

With all that said, I only have one more question...

Low key, I think Barry might break the record for the highest number of Ls taken by a superhero in a single season. Since the start of Season 2 -

• Failed to stop the black hole (that he created) and Ronnie ended up having to sacrifice himself to stop it
  • Finally gets his pops out of prison...only for his pops to leave town a couple hours later
  • Takes one of the worst ass whoopings in TV history to Zoom, to the point of being temporarily crippled and even developing a mental block because he was so traumatized
  • Gets (a little) of his speed stolen by Wells without even noticing it, and only found out because Wells felt guilty
  • Broke up with his (very attractive) girlfriend for a BS reason
  • Runs into Eobard Thawne again and actually beats him (!) only to be forced to let him go back to the future and even help him get back
  • Goes to Earth-2 and ends up getting Earth-2 Joe (and some other people killed) and gets caught by Zoom and has to be rescued by his friends with no powers
  • Finds out that his mentor is evil (again...) and was Zoom the entire time and has been using him for his own plans
  • Attempts to go back in time to learn how to get faster and ends up accidentally bringing a Dementor to the past. :snoop:
  • Also gets caught by Thawne within about 10 minutes. Eventually Hartley has to save him from the Dementor.
  • Finally gets fast enough to fight Zoom...only for Zoom to win anyway and force him to give up his speed. And then Zoom kidnaps Caitlin anyway.
  • Apparently doesn't have a car and has to take the bus to work now that he doesn't have his powers

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the season and watching Barry struggle is part of why it's entertaining.

But still, dude really been putting the "L" in FLASH this season. Might have to start calling him Barry Ln.

How many Ls can Barry take?

In addition to all of the above...he first decides not to try to get his speed back because it's too dangerous, and as a result Zoom kills a bunch of people. He finally changes his mind and decides to get his powers back and he die. Barry just can't get a W no matter what he does. I mean dude was literally in a no W situation.

Barry LLLen :wow:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Also, I think they're setting up Henry Allen to die.

There were leaked screenshots of Team Flash attending somebody's funeral in the season finale and it's looking more and more like Henry. I can't see him sticking around full time because Joe already has that role, but I can't see him just leaving again either. My guess is Zoom offs him in the finale. Maybe they go back in time to save Barry and then Henry dies instead.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Also, I think they're setting up Henry Allen to die.

There were leaked screenshots of Team Flash attending somebody's funeral in the season finale and it's looking more and more like Henry. I can't see him sticking around full time because Joe already has that role, but I can't see him just leaving again either. My guess is Zoom offs him in the finale. Maybe they go back in time to save Barry and then Henry dies instead.

I'm thinking Earth-1 Henry dies, then we find out that the man in the mask is Earth-2 "Henry Jay Allen-Garrick" played by the same actor.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm thinking Earth-1 Henry dies, then we find out that the man in the mask is Earth-2 "Henry Jay Allen-Garrick" played by the same actor.

I could see something like that happening. Dude playing the Flash in the 90s and then Jay Garrick in the 2010s. :obama:

Though I think Earth-2 Barry would've mentioned if somebody in his family had powers, unless he just didn't know. But I could see the "real" Jay Garrick being Barry's grandfather on Earth-2 (hence his mother's maiden name being Garrick) and maybe he inspired Hunter Zolomon or something and then Zolomon used his likeness to come up with the "Jay Garrick" identity.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Zoom ran in and hit the Scooby gang with that Novocaine

mQJF9e.gif

Iris looking good. :shaq:

Wardrobe department needs a raise