"The Flash" Season 2 thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yo, it wasn't a fake out. Just let it go.

After that episode aired, the producers CONFIRMED that Zoom was the Jay we know i.e. the one was was supposedly "killed". What more do you want? :what:

They are using the same storyline with the Reverse Flash from season 1 and so I don't know why ya'll are making all these incorrect assumptions.

they confirmed Jay was Zoom / Hunter not that he was the person who was killed
Warning: Spoilers for The Flash!

Last night, The Flash took an unexpected turn and unmasked their new big bad, Zoom, revealing that “Jay Garrick” was the man behind the mask this whole time. Speaking with EW, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg opened up about the Zoom reveal, saying:

“Zoom’s identity has been revealed: He is Hunter Zolomon, a.k.a Jay Garrick. How all of that plays out and what’s actually happening, we’ll leave for after the break, but we wanted to go out on this run of episodes with a big reveal, just the same way we did at the end of episode 9 in season 1, where we revealed that Harrison Wells was the man in the yellow suit. Zoom’s identity is finally revealed.

“It’s an even larger betrayal than last year in some ways, because they’re all going to feel like they should’ve been inoculated against it. ‘Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.’…They let this person in. Part of the reason he was able to do that was because there was a hole in the center of their group, and he knew that. He was able to step in because they wanted it so desperately. Barry was missing his mentor, Wells, and here comes Jay offering to be his mentor. Caitlin had lost Ronnie, and then here comes Jay offering to be her new knight in shinning armor.”

RELATED: Zoom’s Identity Revealed in Our Recap of The Flash Episode 2.15

Kreisberg also addressed the irony that the one character, Earth-2’s Harrison Wells, who said not to trust Garrick, was the one that the rest of the team didn’t trust.

“For us, there was all of this great, delicious irony to the whole thing. It happens in a way that didn’t make them look stupid, that the reason he was able to manipulate them was because he was playing on their emotions. It wasn’t because they were gullible. They actually took precautions in the beginning — Barry locked him up right away — but all of them had that need for a center and for a new star to right their ships by. Jay’s one charming, smooth guy and he was able to manipulate them in that way.”

He also offered a tease for the mysterious man in the mask locked up in Zoom’s lair, saying:

“The identity of the man in the [iron] mask is, in some ways, probably an even bigger surprise than this one, if you can imagine it. It’s a new mystery to pull you through the season. Barry swore he wasn’t going to leave him behind. Something tells me Barry’s going to make good on that promise.”

Read more at The Flash Executive Producer Talks Zoom Reveal

or did I miss something else from the producers?

Last edited:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
The team ASSUMED it was a mirage.. We saw an actual body and Zoom said that complicates things.. So "Jay" is an actual person.

So far we know Hunter Zolomon in the Park, Jay/Zoom we saw and Jay who got killed....

You believe what you want to believe. I'm just telling you what the producers have said on the record.

And you seem to have forgotten that the "Jay we saw" was also the one who supposedly got "killed".

Listen, you're making a whole lot of sense but this isn't the direction that show is going in. The team's summation that Zoom = Jay was wack ass hell but that's the explanation the writers are going with for a story that they just came up with out of their ass.

I know I was shocked when I heard them say that Zoom is the Jay we knew because it didn't make any sense that he would be since Zoom seemed shocked to learn that Dr. Wells was back in Earth 2 in episode 14.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
they confirmed Jay was Zoom / Hunter not that he was the person who was killed
Warning: Spoilers for The Flash!

Last night, The Flash took an unexpected turn and unmasked their new big bad, Zoom, revealing that “Jay Garrick” was the man behind the mask this whole time. Speaking with EW, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg opened up about the Zoom reveal, saying:

“Zoom’s identity has been revealed: He is Hunter Zolomon, a.k.a Jay Garrick. How all of that plays out and what’s actually happening, we’ll leave for after the break, but we wanted to go out on this run of episodes with a big reveal, just the same way we did at the end of episode 9 in season 1, where we revealed that Harrison Wells was the man in the yellow suit. Zoom’s identity is finally revealed.

“It’s an even larger betrayal than last year in some ways, because they’re all going to feel like they should’ve been inoculated against it. ‘Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.’…They let this person in. Part of the reason he was able to do that was because there was a hole in the center of their group, and he knew that. He was able to step in because they wanted it so desperately. Barry was missing his mentor, Wells, and here comes Jay offering to be his mentor. Caitlin had lost Ronnie, and then here comes Jay offering to be her new knight in shinning armor.”

RELATED: Zoom’s Identity Revealed in Our Recap of The Flash Episode 2.15

Kreisberg also addressed the irony that the one character, Earth-2’s Harrison Wells, who said not to trust Garrick, was the one that the rest of the team didn’t trust.

“For us, there was all of this great, delicious irony to the whole thing. It happens in a way that didn’t make them look stupid, that the reason he was able to manipulate them was because he was playing on their emotions. It wasn’t because they were gullible. They actually took precautions in the beginning — Barry locked him up right away — but all of them had that need for a center and for a new star to right their ships by. Jay’s one charming, smooth guy and he was able to manipulate them in that way.”

He also offered a tease for the mysterious man in the mask locked up in Zoom’s lair, saying:

“The identity of the man in the [iron] mask is, in some ways, probably an even bigger surprise than this one, if you can imagine it. It’s a new mystery to pull you through the season. Barry swore he wasn’t going to leave him behind. Something tells me Barry’s going to make good on that promise.”

Read more at The Flash Executive Producer Talks Zoom Reveal

or did I miss something else from the producers?

Yo, do you even read the shyt you post? That same article mentions that Zoom is also Star Labs Jay. :heh:

Again, the guy who was killed was merely a mirage. He wasn't real. Don't be fooled because it had a physical body. The mirage of the reverse flash last season was also had a physical body and was able to fight people. A mirage isn't a hologram.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yo, do you even read the shyt you post? That same article mentions that Zoom is also Star Labs Jay. :heh:

I read what I post...
My question is .. if that wasn't a Speed Mirage then who did Zoom kill .. who was there chillin with Team Flash getting injected with V6, V7 and V8..

Its obvious it wasn't a mirage because Zoom carried a physical body. That's my question to you.

If you said the man in the Mask is the real Jay.. we SAW 2 actual Jay faces.. the Jay zoom killed (getting shot up with V6, V7 and V8) and Zoom who killed him, then carried the body and took off his mask....

who was the man in the Park? was he a speed mirage then?
All I'm saying is there is still a question or 2 left unanswered about the entire Jay/Zoom/Hunter/iron Mask situation..

edit: Here's another question.. if Jay is Hunter / Zoom .. how come Jay doesn't have speed? Catlyn confirmed he doesn't have speed..

Last edited:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
I read what I post...
My question is .. if that wasn't a Speed Mirage then who did Zoom kill .. who was there chillin with Team Flash getting injected with V6, V7 and V8..

Its obvious it wasn't a mirage because Zoom carried a physical body. That's my question to you.

If you said the man in the Mask is the real Jay.. we SAW 2 actual Jay faces.. the Jay zoom killed (getting shot up with V6, V7 and V8) and Zoom who killed him, then carried the body and took off his mask....

who was the man in the Park? was he a speed mirage then?
All I'm saying is there is still a question or 2 left unanswered about the entire Jay/Zoom/Hunter/iron Mask situation..

According to the show and writers, Zoom killed a speed mirage and I don't know why you're getting tripped up by the fact that the mirage has a physical body after the events of last season. I think what's also tripping you up is that you think Star Labs Jay was a speed mirage the whole time for that to have been true instead of something that was created while Zoom was busy in Earth 2.

And since, it's already been confirmed (and in that article you clearly did not read) that Zoom/HZ/and SLJays are all the same person, then that dude was saw at the park was obviously a speed mirage as well.

This is all lazy writing of course but it is what it is. You are giving this show way too much credit.

Listen let's do an IP ban bet - - - If that Jay who got killed was a real person, I'll request a ban. You game? :jbhmm:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
According to the show and writers, Zoom killed a speed mirage and I don't know why you're getting tripped up by the fact that the mirage has a physical body after the events of last season. I think what's also tripping you up is that you think Star Labs Jay was a speed mirage the whole time for that to have been true instead of something that was created while Zoom was busy in Earth 2.

And since, it's already been confirmed (and in that article you clearly did not read) that Zoom/HZ/and SLJays are all the same person, then that dude was saw at the park was obviously a speed mirage as well.

This is all lazy writing of course but it is what it is. You are giving this show way too much credit.

Listen let's do an IP ban bet - - - If that Jay who got killed was a real person, I'll request a ban. You game? :jbhmm:

it aint that serious...Let's just hug and make up... and besides you know somehow within this entire web of a story that we both could be right and then what... ban us both.. and I like arguing with you.. LOL

and according to last season and what barry did to Linda/Dr Light this season a speed mirage is not a physical body..

Maybe I'm giving the writers to much credit... all I'm saying is there are still 1 or 2 questions to be answered..

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You seem to be confused on what a speed mirage is. It's just a speedster moving so fast it looks like they are in 2 places at once but it's still just 1 person completely aware of what's happening. If he fake killed himself there would be no body because it's an optical illusion.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
You seem to be confused on what a speed mirage is. It's just a speedster moving so fast it looks like they are in 2 places at once but it's still just 1 person completely aware of what's happening. If he fake killed himself there would be no body because it's an optical illusion.
:dame:

nikka, were you asleep during season 1? :what:

I'm just telling you what this show's definition of a speed mirage is.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dame:

nikka, were you asleep during season 1? :what:

I'm just telling you what this show's definition of a speed mirage is.
In season 1 the only person hit by the speed mirage was Wells. Which was him punching himself in the face faster than anyone could see. There were not two of him no matter what you think happened.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:stopitslime: Another break?

Seriously what the fukk is up with all these breaks. shyt is getting annoying.

What is even worse is this wasn't even all that good of an episode. Dumb ass plan that was executed horribly and probably should have had more ramifications than what they presented.