"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
that what I taught but breh at the end got me :ohhh:

I know me too.... :dwillhuh: IDK if the professor isnt the reverse flash then who is he???? and how the fukk can he walk and why is he lying about walking, did he intentionally cause the particle explosion to create the flash? and for what reason?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for the 2nd episode of the season that airs next week:

The life of a hero can be a full time job. The Flash is all new Tuesdays at 8/7c!

Back-up YouTube link:

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Only caught the last 10 mins, but I plan to watch this show and Arrow in block eps of 6.

I hope they keep Zoom throughout the seasons. That ending had me :gladbron:

Also, since this is taking place in Arrowverse, the possibilities of character crossovers is :blessed:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I watched it when it leaked and really enjoyed it but watching it again on my HD big screen TV was just :blessed:.
The casting for the principals is good. Enough little mystery nuggets were dropped to get me super curious and as a comic geek there are a ton of things that make it impossible for me to not watch.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Watched it last night and thought they did a really good job in keeping the action moving and setting everything up for the pilot.

That ending did have me really curious and I also want to know why the speed guy killed his mom. The special effects were well done and there is a lot of opportunity to highlight his speed abilities in different ways. Also liked the fact that the cop found out about his abilities right away, but they did do the classic thing where he told Barry not to tell Iris to keep her safe. We know how that is going to go :comeon:

Iris is :takedat:though.

Right now his sidekicks in Star labs were just okay, but it is only the 1st episode and they have time to build them. One of the reasons that Arrow is so good is how they have developed Felicity and Diggle.

Plus from the previews Michael Scoffield is out of Fox River and is Captain Cold :whoo:. Haven't seen him in anything in a minute.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
THE FLASH: LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT BIG TWIST

We ask the cast and writers what it means.

7 OCT 2014 BY JOSHUA YEHL

Warning: this article contains spoilers for the first episode of The Flash TV show.

For those who watched the premiere of The Flash TV show on The CW, you probably have some big questions about that final scene. It features wheelchair-bound scientist Harrison Wells standing up, entering a secret room in his lab, and looking at a holographic newspaper from the future.

IGN attended a Q&A with stars Grant Gustin (The Flash himself), Tom Cavanagh(Wells), and show producers/writers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns, and while they did play coy about the big twist, we did get some interesting tidbits to chew on.

“There’s obviously more than meets the eye when you see Harrison Wells,” Gustin said of his co-star’s character. “What his motivations are are the big mystery of this season and tracking that through has been an interesting ride.”

When pressed for details, Cavanagh wouldn’t budge.

“I feel like it bodes well if there’s characters we can’t talk about. We’d love to tell you but we can’t. That’s good for the people who are watching the show. We’ve got secrets to unveil,” he said. “It’s extremely fun to play, having a bunch of different levels at work. The way he has been crafted, it’s really enjoyable.”

Johns clarified that Harrison Wells is a new character who isn’t in the comics that was created just for the show. As for the time travel business, he said that time travel “is an important part of Flash mythology, so it has to be in there somewhere.” “[Time travel is] an active part of the first year,” Berlanti added.

With talk of time travel, Booster Gold’s name popped up -- a time-traveling hero from the comics. Johns wouldn’t confirm he would be appearing, but he did say that the “chances are probably pretty good.”

What do you make of the big twist? Let us know in the comments.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/08/the-flash-lets-talk-about-that-big-twist