"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
So am I to understand that shield would only stop something moving at ridiculous speed, which is why the dude just walked through it? Hard to believe Cisco wouldn't have thought of that.

It would have stopped Barry and Wells from entering and not anyone else.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I just realized that a lot of the characters on this show are like alternate universe versions of DEXTER:

Barry=Dexter (CSI with secret identity)
Det. West=Det. Morgan (Cop who raised "hero" as his son after hero witnessed his mother's murder as a child)
Iris = Debra (Raised as siblings, secretly "in love")
Eddie=Doakes (The only cop interested in investigating the "hero")
Cisco=Masuka (Comedy relief "geek" who works to support the hero)

And some speculation:
Wells=That Lady from the last season who "created" Dexter
Reverse Flash=Ice Truck Killer ("Playing" with the hero, rather than trying to kill him. Somehow connected in some way that isn't apparent yet)

Wells' comments about secretly watching Barry grow up and go to science fairs reminded me of this post from last year. Barry really has two "stepfathers" on this show, one good and one evil:

Det West=The "good" aspects of Harry Morgan (good father figure)
Wells/Thawne=The "bad" aspects of Harry Morgan+Ice Truck Killer+Trinity Killer (evil father figure)

I remember watching Dexter thinking that his father might have actually TURNED him into a killer, by planting the idea in his head that he had to be that way. If Dexter had been raised by Det West from Flash, maybe he would have turned out normal? Harry Morgan meant well, but he may have been more bad than good.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Seems like the whole damn world knows Barry's the flash.
I have a feeling Barry is going to go back in time again.

If the whole world knows the secret .. there's no need for a mask...

But in a side note.. what if Barry goes back in time the beginning of season one but instead of Eobard Wells .. we have Eobard and HArrison..