"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
posts like this let us know who's out here getting women and who ain't :beli:

what went down with Barry and Iris was one of the most realistic moments in the entire episode

in fact, it was my favorite part :banderas:

Real men don't make assumptions about another man's sex life
rw0jTCO.png

But seriously, how does the fact that we find Barry's disgusting, make us simps?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
You have to remember Barry has loved her since when he was a little kid. All these years he's been afraid or thinking she didn't feel the same way, when she finally confessed those feelings to him and they kissed pre-time travel :gladbron:. Probably was one of the happiest days of his life, he couldn't wait to get back to that feeling not thinking fully about how things would change with time travel. Having said that, this is the 2nd time he's confessed how he really feels to Iris. 3 strikes and you are out :camby:. He should know now, it's her time to make a move if something is going to happen.

But Wells gave him the talk about time continuity so he should have known better than just jumping the gun. It's the naïvity that I find jarring.

Besides, how he just jumped the gun with Iris is like that guy at school that kisses the drunk girl at a party then thinks that means he's got the green light to be her man. Dude was too happy-go-lucky with it that we all knew it was gonna blow up in his face.

Daps
Real men don't make assumptions about another man's sex life
rw0jTCO.png

But seriously, how does the fact that we find Barry's disgusting, make us simps?

wasn't talking about Barry

I'm talking about the fact that you think Iris is unlikeable based on last night's episode

she held up pretty good actually :ehh:

I agree with you that Barry should throw in the towel and move on

throw in the towel! :damn:

but he messed up with Linda now :shaq2:

so now he gets to see where living the life of a simp gets him

if the writers keep inserting reality into the love portion of the show, I expect Barry will be #HOH very soon

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Real talk, Iris is steadily creeping into the Abbey Donovan/Skylar White territory of disliked wives/GFs/love interests for me and as much as I'm rooting for Barry, his simp levels are disgusting. Fair enough, Iris and Eddie have bought the Lightning psychosis spin but I wouldn't have time for her at all if I was Barry.
:what:
Hell no. Iris is dope. Barry is just an idiot playing his cards the way he did b/c he kissed her before revealing who he was in that alternative timeline. Wells told him shyt not gonna work the same way it did in that timeline but he couldn't help himself and now he stuck in the simp zone. He should have kept that chick he was messing with she was DTF on the first night and she had Iris fuming when she was around Barry.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
One of the great things about flash is the actors.

The dude who plays wells is killing the role.

Jesse l martin got his chops as a cop on law and order he's certified.

Michael Scofield legit

Mark Hamil DA gawfd next week

I think Scofield is a terrible actor, but it actually works for the role as a cheesy villain with one liners.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
Love this show...but really disappointed they copped out with reset button of the timeline...and the stakes weren't nearly as high as time was trying to sort itself out...losing a fringe character writer isn't nearly as impactful as losing Cisco would have been.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
i think its like days of tommorow time travel rules. his consciousness merged with his previous self and erased the last timeline.

Yeah, the "Oh Boy!" was a reference to Quantum Leap. But in Quantum Leap the main character couldn't travel back before he was born, and Barry and Wells are talking like they both know its possible to overshoot by centuries. Also, adult Barry was there at the moment his mother died. So there had to be two of him...

Unless....
He goes back in time, replaces his little kid self, fights Wells as an adult, runs away, then when he gets down the street he travels back into the future and his younger self reappears on the spot.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah, the "Oh Boy!" was a reference to Quantum Leap. But in Quantum Leap the main character couldn't travel back before he was born, and Barry and Wells are talking like they both know its possible to overshoot by centuries. Also, adult Barry was there at the moment his mother died. So there had to be two of him...

Unless....
He goes back in time, replaces his little kid self, fights Wells as an adult, runs away, then when he gets down the street he travels back into the future and his younger self reappears on the spot.

or when barry actually goes back in time he can control the time travel better so when he returns he comes back a minute when he left to avoid overlapping...