"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
From Hitfix.com's YouTube channel:

Dan Fienberg caught up with Danielle Panabaker in Vancouver to chat about 'The Flash'.

The Flash: Will Caitlin Become Killer Frost?

Danielle Panabaker on this week's Flash episode exploring Caitlin's past and her potential future as Killer Frost.

21 OCT 2014 BY ERIC GOLDMAN

This week on The Flash we’ll gain new insight into the history of Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker), as flashbacks (no pun intended!) reveal more of what happened the night of the accident that gave Barry Allen his powers – and took Caitlin’s fiancé, Ronnie Raymond (Robbie Amell) from her.

Of course, DC Comics readers know Ronnie as the alter-ego of Firestorm, while Caitlin herself is Killer Frost, which gives both of them some very interesting potential futures.

While speaking with a group of visiting press on the set of The Flash recently, Panabaker discussed her character, her backstory and what could be coming.

fla01nmdanielle2162rjpg-20f228_640w.jpg

Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow in The Flash.

Question: What can you tease about the flashbacks we’ll be getting in the next episode?

Panabaker: I’m so excited for the flashbacks. It’s a great thing to get to see Caitlin in her element. She’s a scientist and she’s excited and this is sort of their Mona Lisa. It’s an incredible unveiling that they’re doing and she gets to share it with the love of her life, her fiancé, so there’s so much warmth and happiness and I think that’s so important to contrast where she is now.

Question: What do we see as far as your relationship with Ronnie in these flashbacks? Obviously there’s not a ton of time to show them outside of the lab.

Panabaker: No, and I think that was what was really important. It was important to Greg [Berlanti] and the writers and they brought it up to us. And what’s so great about Robbie is he’s such a wonderful actor that it was innate with us. I adore him and we have such a great chemistry just as people so hopefully that comes across when you see them that there is so much love there and there is so much happiness and you begin to understand why she’s such a sad scientist these days.

fla103a0190bjpg-9a712b_640w.jpg

Robbie Amell and Danielle Panabaker in The Flash.

Question: In the comic books, Caitlin becomes Killer Frost. Is that a fate you would or would not want for your character on TV?

Panabaker: I think it’s really exciting. What’s so cool about this show is how, at least in my experience, how faithful they are being to all the comic book lore. They are so respectful of the stories that have been told and it’s exciting. The thought that goes into the Flash costume and all of that. It would be exciting to be a part of that.

Question: We’ve seen that Wells is hiding secrets. How much are Caitlin and Cisco going to become aware of this? Do they have any suspicions?

Panabaker: It’s hard for me, as an actor, because obviously I see the whole script and now I’m seeing the episodes but Caitlin doesn’t know that but she comes back to Star Labs because she believes in Wells. If you think about Star Labs and the vastness of it, how many scientists were working there and how many people were there… The fact that she and Cisco are the only two that show up again, just in a very sort of silent way, demonstrates their belief in him so we’re starting this journey with the upmost respect and passion for him. I don’t know that they’re at a place where they want to see Wells’ flaws if that makes sense.

fla103b0506bjpg-6a6432_640w.jpg

Question: Does it change the process for you at all knowing these potential destinations for the characters? Knowing who she could become, knowing who Cisco could become?

Panabaker: I don’t think so. I don’t think it changes things for me, as an actor because a lot like the audience, we’re getting the scripts one week at a time and just sort of taking this new information. Obviously we’ve had conversations with Andrew [Kreisberg] and Greg and Geoff [Johns] about what’s happened before and that sort of thing but it’s kind of fun to be that audience member who gets every new script. I mean, truthfully when they come in, I’m like a little kid in a candy store. I like can’t wait to read it and I’m squinting, reading it on my iPhone, and I can’t wait to see what happens.

Question: We have the knowledge that your character does not that we will likely be seeing Ronnie again, but in a different form. Anything you can say about how she might react to that?

Panabaker: Well, we see Ronnie in flashbacks. I think that Caitlin is doing a lot of grieving. It’s a really tough thing and it’s hard for her, she’s having a hard time letting go again and she’s displacing some of her grief on to Barry and I can only imagine the trauma of something such as thinking your fiancé was dead and then maybe suspecting otherwise.

Question: Is it fun for you and Carlos to play the rapport that Caitlin and Cisco have? They’re obviously like-minded as far as their intelligence, but they’re very different personalities.

Panabaker: Such different personalities. I think that’s great. I mean I think you get to see it, even in the top of episode two. He’s got such... I want to say innocence but that’s too simple for what it is, but a passion for what he’s doing and a little, not childlike, but an amazement of everything that’s coming and he gets so excited by it. And I think the contrary to that is Caitlin who is a little bit more practical and reasonable and concerned about the consequences and things that are going to happen. So it is a fun relationship. He does such a great job. You’ll notice that he always tends to be eating some sort of sweets and that is an evolution that happens throughout the show and that sort of thing. It’s great. It’s really fun.

Question: What does Caitlin make of Iris?

Panabaker: There’s a really awesome scene in the beginning of episode five, I think, where a whole host of us go out for drinks together which I think is really fun. I’m not sure we’re done exploring what the social dynamic is like between all of them. I think she might be a little jealous of Iris and all the attention she’s getting from the boys because Eddie’s no schlub. Let’s be honest. But they have a bond, in that they both care about Barry and I think that’s something that you will see more of as time goes on but you know. They’re two smart ladies. I think they’re going to respect each other. Have a bottle of wine together or something!

fla102a191bjpg-800640_640w.jpg

Question: You’re on the phone a lot with Barry, but might there be a situation that comes up where Caitlin gets thrown into the line of fire?

Panabaker: I always joke with Andrew that Caitlin loves being in the warmth and safety of Star Labs. So I would imagine that that’s a possibility. We have a lot of TV to tell, so you never know.

Question: Personally, do you want to do some action heavy scenes?

Panabaker: Yeah. I think it would be so fun. We have an incredible stunt crew on our set. I’ve been doing this for years and sometimes you encounter stunt coordinators who are just a little bit too macho and are just about, "Let’s do it the biggest and the best and the scariest we can!" These guys are so thoughtful and have everything so planned out. They’re so great so I’m excited. I would love to get in the action a little bit more.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...ragic-past-and-the-potential-for-killer-frost

:dahell: Like I mentioned in this thread earlier, I'm clueless about The Flash & his supporting characters compared to how knowledgeable I was about Green Arrow & his supporting characters during the 1st season of "Arrow". I had NO IDEA Caitlin is supposed to be Killer Frost, I just assumed she was an original character created for this show.

I might need to look-up every character on this show.