"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
It wasn't going to be that hard for The Flash to surpass Arrow if the CG was point and it has. :manny:

I knew Wells was using an afterimage to be at two places at once. :jawalrus:

March 17 though. :francis:

Two long layoffs in one season. :francis:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Last three episodes have been straight heat...

The CGI for this firestorm dude is some Marvel Avengers quality ish...
but Wells really whooped his own ass...:dwillhuh:

and I don't know who Grodd but he looking beastly...

March 17th can't come soon enough...

Thankfully Swagnar da gawd and his goons are back this week so the wait won't be too bad...

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus we also already seen the reverse flash whoop Harrison Wells ass...How he whoop his own ass? :dwillhuh:
I'm not sure how he did it but I'm sure he did. That ass whoopin was for the benefit of Joe to get the suspicion off of him as the guy who killed Barry's mom. We know he was the guy that broke into the lab to try to steal that device then set up the plot so he could steal it from his lab, we also know he is faster than Barry but we don't know how much faster. He somehow pulled it off.

Otherwise we would have to believe that there is another reverse flash with the same suit that just happened to show up when Wells was looking to steal that device get away with the device then give it back to Wells. That don't add up to me, I think holograms and ridiculous speed were involved.

I called that shyt.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:damn:
B-F3-44CUAAF8v9.png:large

giphy.gif

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
:gladbron: @ that preview. They ain't saying wells is fast enough to be two places at once are they?
There's a few possibilities here I'm thinking:

1)He stole/mimic Multiplex's ability to duplicate himself. (Not likely)

2)"Thawne then broke into the Central City crime lab, murdered two police scientists, and recreated the accident which originally had granted Barry his speed.[42] This resulted in the creation of the Negative Speed Force.[40]Zoom then traveled through time on a personal vendetta against Barry Allen. "

"Professor Zoom was able to create his own Negative Speed Force by generating it through kinetic energy. Eobard can tap into it as normal speedsters can with the normal Speed Force and can apparently shut off their connection to the latter by "contaminating" it with negative energy. Through this, he has the ability to create multiple after images like Hunter Zolomon, the modern day Zoom, and can travel through and alter time (a feat which most speedsters were never capable of achieving)."

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Eobard_Thawne_(New_Earth)

That would make sense because in an earlier episode, Wells is seen looking at Barry's lightening incident that caused him to become the Flash. Maybe Wells re-created it.

3)Personal Time Manipulation: Hunter Zolomon has the ability to alter time relative to himself, as opposed to utilizing the Speed Force like most of the DC Universe speedsters do. He can apparently use this ability to move at "speeds" rivaling those of even Wally West, fastest of the Flashes, and usually, "faster" than the speeds that even Wally can muster in most cases. Since Zoom isn't actually moving at great superhuman speeds (rather, he is greatly slowing down time relative to himself and can make himself so "fast" that even most of the Flashes look to him to be moving in slow motion, instead.) The temporal nature of his speed allows him to avoid the usual problems encountered by other Flash-type speedsters (friction, seeing and hearing at such near-light speeds, et al), whose automatic and unconscious use of the Speed Force overcomes those problems. As he is moving at a normal velocity, and the rest of the world is "slow", those hindrances simply do not affect him.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Zolomon_(New_Earth)

That would also explain it.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
i saw they referenced Green Latern in this episode, would be dope to get a spinoff of him.

stinks t hat the show is taking a month off, but that means i'm going to be :blessed: for my birthday.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
It only took Flash half a season to better than all three seasons of Arrow

I wouldnt mind seeing a Deathstroke spinoff tho pretty much the only reason I liked Arrow was for Deathstroke
Arrow is just a straight Batman ripoff :scust:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I might not have been paying attention, but what was the motivation for Wells to drug Stein and turn him over to the military?

He ended up turning Eilers over to Grodd at the end too :demonic:

Iris investigating the Starlabs gang is probably how she's going find out Barry is the Flash. I'm still Team Iris, that face :lawd:

Did Firestorm even get to smash Kaitlyn before he had to jet off to Pittsburgh :lupe:

I don't mind the month layoff either, Tues has a lot of shows on right. Especially if they are coming back with the Wells reveal :ooh:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
I hope the general is still alive. He just started to move up my list in terms of great characters:lupe:

One of the best things about this show so far is that every character is interesting and not annoying. And their interactions with each other comes across as genuine. I dont think u can say the same for most shows on tv
If they can keep this up for a couple seasons, it might end up in that goats list :win:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I might not have been paying attention, but what was the motivation for Wells to drug Stein and turn him over to the military?

He ended up turning Eilers over to Grodd at the end too :demonic:

Iris investigating the Starlabs gang is probably how she's going find out Barry is the Flash. I'm still Team Iris, that face :lawd:

Did Firestorm even get to smash Kaitlyn before he had to jet off to Pittsburgh :lupe:

I don't mind the month layoff either, Tues has a lot of shows on right. Especially if they are coming back with the Wells reveal :ooh:
i don't really know what's up with Wells spiking Steins drink. maybe he wanted there to be a reason Firestorm had to leave?