XzrEY3m.gif

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"Dexter" Alum Heading to "The Flash"

Another piece of the Rogues has been cast in the hit superhero spinoff series.

14 JAN 2015 BY RACHEL HAAS

the-flash-blogrolljpg-b9954f1280wjpg-78cfeb_160w.jpg

Former Dexter and American Horror Story actor Devon Graye has joined the cast of The Flash.

According to The Wrap, Graye will star as Axel, also known as The Trickster, in Episode 17 of the series alongside Star Wars actor Mark Hamill, who is signed on to play an older version of the superhero. Hamill first portrayed the character in the short-lived Flash series in 1990.

Trickster is a member of the Rogues, a band of super villains that cause chaos in Central City. Graye joins fellow Rogues Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell) and Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), as well as Weather Wizard (Liam McIntyre) and The Pied Piper(Andy Mientus).

The CW recently picked up The Flash for a second season, as well as renewing Arrow, Supernatural, The 100, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Reign, and Jane the Virgin. The network also teased a few more potential spinoffs.

The Flash cast include Grant Gustin, Tom Cavanagh, Candice Patton, and Danielle Panabaker.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/15/dexter-alum-cast-as-the-flashs-other-trickster

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Regarding the concept of time travel within the series
“There’s an unexpected, accidental time travel coming up,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg previews. “And it is played both for hilarity and darkness. It happens in an episode we’re really excited it — the first Weather Wizard episode with Liam McIntyre” (AKA Episode 15).

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Flash: Grant Gustin on How Barry Will Adapt in the Wake of Reverse-Flash and Facing New Threats

Having gone on a break for a few weeks as the holidays hit, The Flash…

18 JAN 2015 BY ERIC GOLDMAN

Having gone on a break for a few weeks as the holidays hit, The Flash returns this Tuesday for the second half of its first season – and on the heels of the big news that the show got an early renewal for Season 2.

The same day the renewal was announced, I sat down with The Flash himself, Grant Gustin, to discuss what’s to come when the show returns, including how Barry Allen is dealing with the Reverse-Flash and new threats like Heat Wave and Peek-A-Boo. Plus, what does he think about the potential for The Flash to meet Supergirl, should CBS and CW allow crossovers?

fla110a0140bjpg-7f7900_640w.jpg

Grant Gustin in The Flash.

IGN: When we left off, Barry had faced Reverse-Flash and really found himself unable to defeat him. Where is he at coming out of that?

Gustin: I think because of the talk that Barry has with Joe after that fight and everything, I think he’s not necessarily down on himself. I think he’s ready to move forward. Cisco has come up with new ways for Barry to train and Barry’s kind of refocused his energy on being ready for the next time and not really beating himself up too much for losing the first battle. He also gets distracted, as usually happens - he’s distracted by other villains coming in and other personal things in his life. Barry isn’t really weighed down by anything. I talked about it a lot earlier on, but in general with Barry -- Geoff Johns said it best -- is with an anchor you don’t cut it off and leave it at the bottom of the ocean, you pull it up and carry it along with you. He lost that battle with the Reverse-Flash but it’s not going to stop him. He’s going to keep moving forward and he’s going to be ready for the next time.

IGN: At this point, we have this knowledge of all of these things going on with Wells that he doesn’t have. Is he still 100% trusting in Wells?

Gustin: Yeah, when we come back with episode ten, it’s still 100%. Barry has no other option or reason for anything else at this point. Wells has been there for him. They’ve had their moments and they both can be emotional characters but Barry still trusts Wells with his life at this point, when we come back.

IGN: The next episode is the one I was on set for back in October, with Heat Wave’s introduction. Barry faced Captain Cold on his own and found him pretty formidable. Now that Captain Cold’s come back with a partner, how does Barry deal with that?

Gustin: It changes things. it’s unexpected, first of all, initially. It does prove to be too much in some ways and Barry needs some help, some back up, and many more people are about to find out about the Flash’s existence and not just the rumor of ‘The Streak’ but that there is this superhero protecting the city. And that is because there is, as you saw, a very public battle that’s going to take place.

IGN: Have you started filming the episode with Mark Hamill yet?

Gustin: No. I haven’t even read that script yet.

IGN: Are you excited about that though?

Gustin: It’s unbelievable, kind of. All the guest stars have been really amazing. Victor Garber, the fact that we got him blew my mind. Clancy Brown, who’s been in so many award-winning films and Tom Cavanaugh is a series regular, and Jesse L. Martin I’ve been a fan of my whole life. But Mark Hamill, that’s kind of a different type of holy s**t, you’re one of the most legendary iconic characters of all time. So it’s really f**king cool and I’m really excited to meet him and his storyline has some really cool twists involved that are connected to his stint from 25 years ago on the Flash which is cool that we’re doing that nod. It’s really exciting.

IGN: You mentioned Victor. I was talking to Greg [Berlanti] earlier and he mentioned there’s a big two-parter that’s firestorm related. Obviously Ronnie is an important person in Caitlin’s life but how will it affect Barry and what’s Victor’s role in it all?

Gustin: We don’t really know what’s going on with Ronnie at this point. He saved Barry’s life but then he said don’t try and find me and he flew away. So at this point, we don’t know what’s going on with Ronnie. He’s clearly on himself at this point and as we introduce Victor’s character, it’ll start to become more clear why he’s not himself and what exactly is going on. They’re both, first of all, a joy to work with. Robbie [Amell] and Victor they’re just two of the sweetest, nicest men and they’re so excited to be here and it’s great.

IGN: Seeing Reverse-Flash in action and what his abilities are, could that work as motivation for Barry to start seeing how much more he can do?

Gustin: Yeah. I mean Barry knows he can push himself now and Barry’s known that all along, but now he knows in more specific ways how he can push himself and how to measure his speed to. Because he knows “I have to be faster”, whatever that means. “I have to be better and faster than Reverse to stop him,” so it does set a bar.

IGN: Greg was mentioning we’re going to meet Peak-A-Boo on the show soon. Anything you can say about that?

Gustin: Yeah, that was… What is that, episode twelve? That’s a different kind of episode. I liked it. I hate giving away too much, but yeah, that was a different kind of episode because that episode was about relationships, in general, between our villains and our regulars. I can’t give away too much about that storyline because I don’t want to and most of her stuff is with her partner, her villain partner/boyfriend character. I wasn’t there for much of it but it’s a really interesting character. It’s really different from any other villain we’ve had on the show. It’s one of the ones you kind of feel for. That whole episode focuses on relationships between all of our characters.

IGN: Of course, as the show goes on we’re naturally going to meet more villains but with Heat Wave and Captain Cold and the Peak-A-Boo storyline, we are getting more and more multiple threats at the same time for Barry, so does that become an issue for him?

Gustin: Yes, and that’s why Barry hasn’t been able to stay focused on the Reverse-Flash. It’s in the back of his mind, getting ready for that and training for that and being mentally prepared, but yeah there’s a new foe all the time.

IGN: You just got word you’ve been given an early renewal for Season 2. The show’s been so well received - has it been amazing to see that it’s all clicked in like this?

Gustin: I hate to say - it’s not like we expected it, but it’s also not surprising me, I guess. It’s why I was so excited to get to be a part of this early on. I knew it was a character that was long overdue, and that if they did the effects right, which seemingly they were going to do with early stuff they showed me… I’ve been excited since the very beginning because I knew that we had the potential for this type of success. We all feel really fortunate and I’m having so much fun. I’m just glad I get to do more of it. It all feels like one, big experience thus far. I don’t think I’m going to really be able to look back and appreciate each little moment until this first season’s over. Maybe even later down the road, I don’t know. It’s all just one big thing that I’m kind of a day at a time right now. It’s hard to look at the big picture.

fla110a0083bjpg-7f78ff_640w-300x449.jpg

The Flash (Grant Gustin) has some Captain Cold-related issues in the next episode.

IGN: Because you’ve now had those sort of kid dream moments of putting on the costume yourself and the Arrow team-ups, do you still get those moments of, “Oh, wow!”, when you see a couple new villains show up in their costumes?

Gustin: Absolutely. Any day could be like an overwhelming day and might be a day that I’m just exhausted or sick even or just having a hard time being there. But coming back from the two week break with the holidays, I felt so grateful at the end of every day. Being back, it was so nice and I think I said out loud at least two or three of the days, by myself, in my apartment, after I got home, “That was a good day.” I have those moments all the time. Victor [Garber] was one of those moments. Getting to meet Victor… And I shot a flashback scene with Victor that takes place on the day that Barry was struck by the lightning. We get to see Barry and Stein have a moment together before that happened. And to shoot a scene like that, I was pinching myself.

IGN: It’s hard for a comic fan like me not to get excited whenever there’s the prospect of the crossovers and whatnot. Have you thought about the possibility of a Supergirl crossover, should that become possible?

Gustin: Supergirl, yeah. It also is exhausting to think about. But, if they’re like, “Hey we’re doing Supergirl now and we want the Flash to be on a Supergirl episode,” I’m going to get excited about that and then after that worry about how we’re going to make it work. But yeah, of course! I’m down. I’m down for any type of cool crossover as long as we can make it work.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...-wake-of-reverse-flash-and-facing-new-threats

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Flash: Prison Break's Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell on Reuniting as Captain Cold and Heat Wave

Prison Break costars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell discuss re-teaming as villains Captain Cold and Heat Wave on The Flash.

19 JAN 2015 BY ERIC GOLDMAN

Wentworth Miller made his debut a couple of months ago on The Flash as Captain Cold and when he returns in Tuesday’s new episode he’ll have a notable ally – DC Comics villain Heat Wave, played by Dominic Purcell.

Yes, Miller and his former Prison Break costar – the man who played his brother for four years – are reuniting on The Flash, as the two now both have recurring roles on the series.

I sat down with Miller and Purcell to discuss their big TV reunion, getting to play the bad guys this time and more.

IGN: I was on the set of the next episode, and it was exciting watching you guys in full costume, playing out this big fight scene in the streets with Grant [Gustin], dressed as The Flash. Whether you knew the source material or not going in, is there just that fun little kid thing – like, “This is such a crazy part of our job”?

Purcell: Absolutely. As I said before, I’ve had the most fun with this character and a lot of characters I’ve done. It brings you back as a child, playing Cowboys and Indians. It just allows freedom for me and fun.

Miller: It brings me back about five years to when I was playing Michael Scofield in Prison Break and that experience was playing a good guy for four years and it was my job to stand there and spout exposition while the bad guys tore up the scenery and did cartwheels all around us. So to kind of taste what that’s like and enjoy a bit of that material. It’s been really satisfying.

fla110b0403bjpg-544c0a_640w.jpg

Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold and Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave in The Flash.

IGN: Wentworth, you were talking about how you were cast first and you knew there was this other character coming and suggested Dominic. Obviously you knew you worked well together...

Miller: I didn’t even think about my own level of comfort as an actor. I just heard the character described; edgy, unpredictable, force of nature. Is there an actor you can think of that would be right for this part? That was the question that Geoff Johns asked me and I immediately said “Dominic Purcell.” I was 90% serious, 10% joking because I didn’t really think they could make that happen. Lo and behold, here we are.

Purcell: Add I thank Wentworth for that because, again, for me, I’m humbled to be a part of a successful show and I’m fortunate to be playing an iconic character like Heat Wave. It’s very exciting for me.

IGN: Can you talk about what the dynamic is between your characters? Are they pretty much on the same wavelength or are there some disagreements?

Miller: It’s hot and cold. We’re meant to be polar opposites in every respect. I’m cold, calculating, everything is thought out. He’s impulsive. I think he’s going to go left, he goes right. It’s a nice balance and there’s always tension that we get to play and enjoy playing.

IGN: Is there even a question of who’s calling the shots?

Miller: I am, technically. Technically Cold is calling the shots, begrudgingly.

Purcell: We’ll have to explore that as we go down the line.

IGN: Wentworth, we talked on set about how when we met him, he was a guy who was very sure of himself and kind of felt like there were no big threats left. So he saw The Flash as an exciting challenge. Now that he’s faced him once and seen what he’s made of, how does he approach the rematch?

Miller: I think he knows that The Flash is not going to go down so easily. It’s about finding his weak spots. Where is The Flash vulnerable? I think Snart understands that Flash has a heart. He cares about people, he’s in the business of saving people. That’s something that Snart can exploit, but I think Snart is also aware that this is a man in the mask. He’s got identity issues, things he’s keeping quiet, and in this way he is also perhaps vulnerable to Snart.

fla110b0129bjpg-c9966c_640w.jpg

Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave in The Flash.

IGN: And what does Heat Wave make of him? He hasn’t encountered The Flash before so what is his first take on this guy in the red costume?

Purcell: He’s very impressed. Just the fact that there’s this dude who moves a million miles an hour… And he wants to take him down as well, because there’s an agenda behind our motivations to take down The Flash which hasn’t been really articulated at present.

IGN: As fun as it is to watch on screen and at times on set, there is also the technical aspect while you’re making something like this. Are there times where it’s like, “This will look really cool, I think,” but you have to put yourself in the hands of the special effects people?

Purcell: Yeah, there’s a tendency to feel frightened by what you’re doing because as you’re doing it. You kind of feel goofy when you’re holding a plastic gun and it’s supposed to be a flame and you’re doing this [waves arms around, as though pointing gun] and you’re making audible sounds like, “Vroomm vroom vroom!”, and you’ve got to stop yourself from doing that. But again, when you look at the production values in The Flash, you know you’re in safe hands so you know it’s going to look authentic and brilliant.

Miller: It calls for a level of trust ,and having seen the pilot [when I joined the show], that’s all I really needed to see. That level of care and attention being paid to both the visual effects and the character stuff was top notch.

IGN: Having had this great history working together, was it very easy to click back in once you were on set together?

Purcell: Simple. Absolutely simple. I’ve said it in the past, Wentworth and I, apart from everything else, are great friends. So just working together is just simple, easy.

Miller: It was like riding a bike. Although, the first time I called him by a different [character] name was a little strange - something other than "Lincoln." [Laughs] But we quickly adapted.

IGN: What’s it like seeing Grant going through what you did a few years ago, as far as the sudden attention that being on a hit TV show brings?

Purcell: I look at him and I empathize. Because with great success comes great responsibility and great invasion. He’s having to deal with that and he’s also still very young. When you get to a point where I’m at in my career, where I’m a grizzled veteran, you have the ability to look after yourself a bit more. When you’re that young, it’s easy to take advantage in a way but he’s learning. The great thing about Grant is he’s a wonderful human being, very modest, very talented and he realizes he’s in a fortunate position which makes being around him a pleasure.

fla110b0139bjpg-544c04_640w.jpg

Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold in The Flash.

IGN: How much will we be seeing you guys, moving forward?

Miller: I think the idea is to have us in a handful of episodes this season and maybe the season finale. The future is up in the air.

IGN: You were saying there’s an agenda we’ve yet to learn about these two. Have they given you some idea of what’s ahead and what’s driving them?

Miller: Not what the larger plan is, but I have been told that there is a larger plan. At the moment I’m focusing on the personal relationship, like what Snart sees in the Flash; how he’s challenged by the Flash. I think he’s even obsessed with The Flash to a certain degree, and figuring out what the Flash’s weak spots are and exploiting them, taking him down as quickly as possible, becomes agenda number one, in service of whatever that larger plan might be.

IGN: Obviously you’re going to have a lot of stuff with Grant, but are there other actors on the show you’re getting to interact with and get to see what your characters make of each other?

Miller: They just cast Peyton List as my sister [Lisa Snart / Golden Glider], so the Rogues are now three, I guess, and that’s made for some interesting complications.

Purcell: Heat Wave has a thing for Peyton’s character. She’s a beautiful woman and at this point, she tends to calm him down, I think. I know Cold’s not happy about this developing and I’m sure the writers are going to play with that are going to use that up and there’s going to be conflict with him. So I think there’s a lot of room for that.

IGN: The Flash has managed to hit this great sweet spot as far as tone is concerned. It could go too goofy, but it doesn’t. When you’re on set is that something it feels that everyone’s figured out - like, here’s how we play this that’s real and also having fun with it, but not going cartoonish?

Purcell: I think you can give credit to the actors. If an actor makes a choice that’s not working, then it becomes goofy. As actors, we’re able to know the nuance and we’re sensitive to that. But it’s also in the writing as well. The writing is terrific. I think a combination of all those stops it from being goofy.

IGN: When you did your first episode, did you quickly think, “Yeah, this is the way to play this?

Miller: It was challenging, because the character’s not in every episode so I’m not there day in and day out with the luxury of exploring the character at my own pace and in my own time. I show up every six episodes and I do my thing and then I go. What’s clear to me is that tone is so critical on a show like this and we do have the freedom and permission to be operatic, to really go for it. But it becomes even more critical that you ground that in something that feels real, some sort of real emotional base that supports those choices. And I think that’s what fans are tuning in to see. Characters that are out there and extreme but are still relatable to a certain degree.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...ll-on-reuniting-as-captain-cold-and-heat-wave