"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Still don't get why they cancelled Tomorrow People but kept Beauty and the Beast.
:mindblown: THIS!!!!!!! The fact "Beauty and the Beast" has lasted more than 1 season is LAUGHABLE!!

:scust: I think they discussed it during summer TCAs:
CW Boss Defends Beast Renewal, Offers Supernatural Spin-Off Update, Drops Dixie Pregnancy Bombshell
By Andy Swift / July 18 2014, 10:05 AM PDT

supernatural_spinoff_news.jpg

Crossovers, cancellations and spoilers were on the menu during Friday’s Television Critics Association panel with CW President Mark Pedowitz.

First topic of discussion was Beauty and the Beast — specifically, why the low-rated series was renewed for a third season. Pedowitz attributed that to its “very engaged fan based” and “very international following. In short, “We brought it back because … it’s a very profitible show for everybody.”

http://tvline.com/2014/07/18/hart-of-dixie-zoe-pregnant-season-4-rachel-bilson/

Here's why The CW canceled those 4 shows this year
By Marc Snetikeron Jul 18, 2014 at 12:56PM

Tomorrow-People.jpg

The CW is answering for its crimes cancellations: three fan-favorite shows and one spin-off that are still fueling the voices of sad fans.

Though CW president Mark Pedowitz has previously addressed the scrapping of both The Tomorrow Peopleand the Supernatural spin-off Bloodlines, the network chief fielded cancellation questions aplenty during the CW’s executive panel on the Television Critics Association semi-annual press tour.

Here’s what Pedowitz had to say about four axed shows:

The Tomorrow People

Tomorrow People is a more interesting thing. [Producers] Julie [Plec] and Greg [Berlanti] and Phil [Klemmer] do a great job. The show just did not generate the audience we hoped it would generate. It did not generate on air as much as we hoped and it did not generate digitally as much as we hoped.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/18/cw-cancel-four-shows/http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/18/cw-cancel-four-shows/

:rudy:

Last edited:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Forgive me if this has been discussed already but, I recently re-watched episode 7. There is the scene where Dr. Wells goes into his secret area to see how the future changes when Barry lost his powers. What peaked my curiosity a bit was the news headline reading: Wayne Tech/Queen Inc Merger falls through. I'm wondering why that was in there...does that mean that Bruce Wayne will....nah, lol. I'm doing a little reaching but it definitely made me wonder for a second.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Forgive me if this has been discussed already but, I recently re-watched episode 7. There is the scene where Dr. Wells goes into his secret area to see how the future changes when Barry lost his powers. What peaked my curiosity a bit was the news headline reading: Wayne Tech/Queen Inc Merger falls through. I'm wondering why that was in there...does that mean that Bruce Wayne will....nah, lol. I'm doing a little reaching but it definitely made me wonder for a second.
Yeah, the producers have gone on record on said they aren't allowed to use Batman or Bruce Wayne at all.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Sony Email Fukkery saying Denzel the GOAT isn't bankable internationally cuz he's BLACK, made me appreciate The Flash creators more, for making Iris BLACKEXCELLENCE:ahh:

...and bringing on a dosage of CaC Tears:blessed:

Last edited: