GOAT?

• Total voters

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I think I know why this movie is so popular on this board, but I can't fukk with this flick like that.

Why do you think it resonates on the board breh

We are cinema geeks.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

... that would have been a PERFECT name for the podcast!!!! fukk.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Why do you think it resonates on the board breh
Well, for one thing people on this board have a thing for Michael Cera. 2nd, this is a nerds, nerd movie. Has the video game and comic book relations and I think that's a major appeal. I gave this movie a couple chances but it doesn't do anything for me, I'm guessing it's supposed to be funny.... Maybe I'm missing the point but even if I did, the entertainment factor wasn't there, and it's just too left field for my taste.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well, for one thing people on this board have a thing for Michael Cera. 2nd, this is a nerds, nerd movie. Has the video game and comic book relations and I think that's a major appeal. I gave this movie a couple chances but it doesn't do anything for me, I'm guessing it's supposed to be funny.... Maybe I'm missing the point but even if I did, the entertainment factor wasn't there, and it's just too left field for my taste.

I’m apathetic on Cera and of course the comic book and video game and music angle got me in the door but the relationship stuff kept me there and it’s what I gravitate to. Not many movies pull off the idea of dealing with someone’s baggage without being really heavy handed or extra or vilifying one of the parties involved. This one handled it better and that may be because of the video game angle. It could portray serious stuff in a playful way

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I’m apathetic on Cera and of course the comic book and video game and music angle got me in the door but the relationship stuff kept me there and it’s what I gravitate to. Not many movies pull off the idea of dealing with someone’s baggage without being really heavy handed or extra or vilifying one of the parties involved. This one handled it better and that may be because of the video game angle. It could portray serious stuff in a playful way
I see...yeah this movie just isn't for me. :manny:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Yeah me and my boy tried to show it to the crew once and they had the same reaction :russ: I didn’t take the shyt personally but he did so it is what it is. Not everything is for everybody
I was on the same path watching Atlanta and my sister and never seen it before. She was wondering what was the hype behind it cause her bestie was suprised it was back and my sister heard me laughing at the prior episode. Her first episode was the Teddy Perkins one and w/ it being loaded with dark humor and a creepy :mj: storyline I almost lost her to continuing to watch any more episodes

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should've been a bigger success at the box office.

Initially I was like @Milk N Cookies but the more I think about it I might have to go with yes just cause I rate it up there with og TMNT and The Crow as far as comic book adaptations.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Voted no, I never really telt the hype for this movie. I have friends who consider it to be one of the best movies ever and they look at me crazy whenever I hit them with the:yeshrug:
The characters just don't resonate with me and I can't remember ever being more than mildly entertained while watching it.