The Film Room GOAT list #7 - Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

GOAT?

• Total voters

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Scott Pilgrim is a modern day Ghostbusters in my book.

anigif_enhanced-15000-1453855862-3.gif

Both do almost everything and do it well. Both are loaded with comedy, drama, action, supernatural, romance etc. Memorable side characters, quotables for days, great VFX, great music, both can be watched as popcorn films but both are much deeper, works for kids and adults.

One of the best opening credits of all time

wM4eoQG_1_.gif

1:43 is the most real moment in cinema history when Young Neil sings along but misremembers the lyrics and feels like a fool.

Please check out this music video I directed

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
hol-up-dance-o.gif

Is it the GOAT? Nah. But it is definitely top tier of its category of an adaptation from print to screen. Based off a comic book series the movie had a wide open opportunity for continuance (is that even a word?) it has so much stories that went untouched. The characters were well rounded and the story was a hell of an adventure that you find yourself cheering for the bad guys at times. Lucky for Michael Cera he did the movie at his peak before he kinda faded out (or maybe took a personal break). The movie is loaded with quotables making it even better... so yeah Scott Pilgrim is that shyt and it has two Pre Avengers and a DC duel role super hero in it who were all villains... let that sink in. The villains were so likable that they were on the same level as the hero.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I really like it, but its a bit repetitive after a while. I'll have to sleep on it

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Nah.
I just looked up the numbers and good lawd this movie bombed :picard:
Seeing all the praise it gets I figured it would do numbers