• Total voters

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Aight!
Real quick, lemme tell you about a young Kingpin and my first encounter with this movie. In the late 80s when id go into the lil mom and pop video spot there would always be a few VHS boxes that would always grab my attention. I don’t remember them all… one was Childs Play. Another was Happy Birthday to Me and of course the movie this thread is about… The Toxic Avenger!
:blessed:

220px-Toxic_avengerposter.jpg

It was in the horror section so I assumed it was horror and by the cover. I watched alotta horror movies back then, not by choice (I had 2 cruel older siblings and a horror buff aunt around me) but I never seen this movie until after…

:gladbron:

The Toxic Avenger came out back in 84. It was probably 88 when I saw that box for the first time and I was introduced to Toxic Crusaders for the first time some time in 1990! At first I wasn’t hip to what it was I was seeing. The theme song was catchy than a muthafukka!!
But then…

I looked closely.
:patrice:

And YES! It was him!
:ooh:

The monster from the VHS I seen years back!! Was this what the movie was about?? This whole time I thought the movie would be scary but here I am watching a cartoon CLEARLY based on this guy on that cover. fukked up lookin droopy ass eye, mop and all! And its funny AS HELL!!!
:russ:

Finally, not too long after this discovery, I had my older brother rent me the movie so I can finally see it.

WHAT

THE

fukk!!!???
:merchant:

Whats good Film Room?

Where does this amazingly wonderful piece of Troma trash ass film rank for YOU!?

:jbhmm:

Im going classic!
:obama:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight!
Real quick, lemme tell you about a young Kingpin and my first encounter with this movie. In the late 80s when id go into the lil mom and pop video spot there would always be a few VHS boxes that would always grab my attention. I don’t remember them all… one was Childs Play. Another was Happy Birthday to Me and of course the movie this thread is about… The Toxic Avenger!
:blessed:

220px-Toxic_avengerposter.jpg

It was in the horror section so I assumed it was horror and by the cover. I watched alotta horror movies back then, not by choice (I had 2 cruel older siblings and a horror buff aunt around me) but I never seen this movie until after…

:gladbron:

The Toxic Avenger came out back in 84. It was probably 88 when I saw that box for the first time and I was introduced to Toxic Crusaders for the first time some time in 1990! At first I wasn’t hip to what it was I was seeing. The theme song was catchy than a muthafukka!!
But then…

I looked closely.
:patrice:

And YES! It was him!
:ooh:

The monster from the VHS I seen years back!! Was this what the movie was about?? This whole time I thought the movie would be scary but here I am watching a cartoon CLEARLY based on this guy on that cover. fukked up lookin droopy ass eye, mop and all! And its funny AS HELL!!!

Finally, not too long after this discovery, I had my older brother rent me the movie so I can finally see it.

WHAT

THE

fukk!!!???
:merchant:

Whats good Film Room?

Where does this amazingly wonderful piece of Troma trash ass film rank for YOU!?

:jbhmm:

Im going classic!
:obama:

Classic movie

I rented this movie as a little kid based clearly on the cartoons.
I watched it alone as an 9 year old and what the fukk!!
This is just like the Robocop thing all over again.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Classic movie

I rented this movie as a little kid based clearly on the cartoons.
I watched it alone as an 9 year old and what the fukk!!
This is just like the Robocop thing all over again.

Yo if im not mistaken even RAMBO had a cartoon at one point!!
:francis:

+rep
:smoothhoffa:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
personally i like b-movies definitely from that era, and I can say that I'm a fan of the first three. However, I can not say this goes on the GOAT list. Once you allow this then any movie regardless of quality can be on it.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yo if im not mistaken even RAMBO had a cartoon at one point!!
:francis:

+rep
:smoothhoffa:
Man I remember they had the Queen Alien from Aliens in the toy aisle when I was a kid.

Imagine the backlash now if they made cartoons and toys of R-rated movies for kids nowadays. There would be a huge backlash from sensitive ass parents. One reason why kids are extra soft these days.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I remember they had the Queen Alien from Aliens in the toy aisle when I was a kid.

Imagine the backlash now if they made cartoons and toys of R-rated movies for kids nowadays. There would be a huge backlash from sensitive ass parents. One reason why kids are extra soft these days.
I had the toxic crusader toy as a kid and he pulled out some guys guts and skipped rope with it. I also use to watch Winnie the pooh.
shyt is crazy what they allowed.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Foreal tho.
I be telling my son about the good ol days of violent fukkery with entertainment and kids.
:banderas:

He be lookin like...

What was you guys problem??
:scust:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I had the toxic crusader toy as a kid and he pulled out some guys guts and skipped rope with it. I also use to watch Winnie the pooh.
shyt is crazy what they allowed.
I got the dvd of the cartoon somewhere in here.
shyt was only one season.
I had a Toxie toy too. And the two headed professor/surfer dude guy.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Toys r us(rip) had Aliens toys and even some ghetto T2 toys. They had T1000 with some silver spray paint. Just saw em a couple months back.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Toys r us(rip) had Aliens toys and even some ghetto T2 toys. They had T1000 with some silver spray paint. Just saw em a couple months back.
Those were the action figures targeted to us adults. I'm talking about the joints from the 1990s that were targeted to kids.
I had the Terminator 2 toys, Robin Hood (Kevin Costner movie), RoboCop, Aliens, all them shyts back when I was a kid :laugh: