the fact that Falconeer is the only series x launch title is kind of nuts to me

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
It's insulting they would reslease a new system without new games to play on it

With previous launches of sparse titles of years past, I'd agree with you. However, no console is really offering a game that will sell a system like Mario 64 or Breath of the Wild. Sure, the Wii U also had BOTW but that console was deader than dead. It is basically the reason to get a Switch, damn near four years into the life. None of these games will stand on that high of a platform a year from now, damn four of them. Ultimately, both consoles are going to have a nice initial library that takes advantage of the new hardware in some capacity. If someone can't find comfort in that, I guess these consoles aren't right for you for the time being. For all of these games that I'm getting, PS5 or XSX, I would have gotten for the PS4 or XB1 and in the cases of Demon Souls and Planet Coaster, two games I am getting, I already have on PS3 and Steam, respectively. I like new hardware but truthfully, the reasons for buying these consoles at launch, i.e. the games, there isn't anything coming out in November that is the reason I have these pre-ordered now.

Quite honestly, once I give the new games a small whirl, I'll finally play LOTU2, a game I bought on launch date but never played because I didn't want to overwork my PS4 and Ghost of Tsushima, since it will run at 60fps.

On the XSX, The first game I'll finish is Final Fantasy XV. Once I learned it went to 60fps on that, I stopped my playthrough on the XB1.

To this point, I've stopped playing PS4/ XB1 for over a month now. I've been playing Civ 6 on the Switch and random games on my tablet and PS3, just waiting for the new consoles to arrive.