The Etchics of Scalping

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
you simply put a limit on purchases at the retail level. if people can only buy 1-2 then more people will be able to get their hands on the product. scalpers increase the shortage when they come through and buy everything

I guess I should point out the price gouging is illegal for retail, and that's pretty much exactly what scalpers do

we all understand the reasons how and why this shyt happens, but the question in the OP was about if it's ethical
These nikkas don’t understand that there’s literally NO WAY humans can compete with a bot that can attach itself to a purchase a whole half hour before release time. I have to deal with this shyt in the sneaker game and the fact that this shyt moved over to shyt like tech and who knows what else in the future pisses me off.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you simply put a limit on purchases at the retail level. if people can only buy 1-2 then more people will be able to get their hands on the product. scalpers increase the shortage when they come through and buy everything

I guess I should point out the price gouging is illegal for retail, and that's pretty much exactly what scalpers do

we all understand the reasons how and why this shyt happens, but the question in the OP was about if it's ethical
Don’t launch a product until supply can reasonably meet demand. When that happens scalping solves itself.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Sony can suck my dikk. For something that they have control over, people that have invested time and money into their ecosystem should have gotten first crack. I got PS3/PS4/Vita, all day one, I own PSVR and over 70 games on PS4 and they know who I am since I haven't changed my email/password since I first signed up in 2006. I had to go through Amazon.

As far as this topic. I see the pros/cons, I just don't care enough to do it myself.

Perhaps Sony chose someone that had all that and over 71 games over you.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
what email??

they sent emails out in two waves with unique URL’s to put you in a waiting queue. You had to have a psn account, you didn’t have to have psn plus though.

I did it and got my ps5 disc order, there were still consoles left hours later. They did it again a few days later.

Superstar
Daps
they sent emails out in two waves with unique URL’s to put you in a waiting queue. You had to have a psn account, you didn’t have to have psn plus though.

I did it and got my ps5 disc order, there were still consoles left hours later. They did it again a few days later.

:mjcry:
I’ve been a loyal Sony soldier since ps1. Why I ain’t get nan?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I see what you’re saying but in that case they were buying hordes of Lysol and hand sanitizer creating the demand
That’s the question. If the opportunists were completely removed from the situation would supply and demand balance or would there still be the imbalance? We won’t truly know but the opportunists exacerbate things for sure.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If I'm lucky enough to get a couple of extra PS5s on launch/this holiday, I would be very tempted to sell them for 1500-2000 on Ebay or elsewhere :yeshrug:
They will be a hot commodity and spoiled rich kids are going to be bugging their parents for one :yeshrug:

fukk Ebay and their 10% fee and paypal with their 3% fee. I'm going Swappa.

Superstar
Daps
Target the day before. They're gonna open up online order and pickup at the store. Gonna try and cop another that way.

I was planning on going to an extremely rural Walmart 2 counties over to try my luck on release day. I’ll def check target too!

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Lol at "scalping". People been flipping forever.
They have. But with the technology with bots n such now. They have the ability to get access to 100s of a product before a standard customer can. Which is why the product ends up sold out within a minute and customers can’t get it. I don’t see how people see nothing wrong with that.