What happens to The Equalizer TV show?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Read a lot of slander about the show, now want to see how Coli hot takes match up with reality

the-equalizer-queen-latifah-denzel-washington-1255932-1280x0.jpeg

Do you think the show gets renewed for another season, gets the axe before this run is over, or completes this season and doesn't come back on CBS?

Actually,check the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER credits. Latifah and longtime business partner Shakim are part of the team that put the series together.

flavor-unit-1.jpg

JERSEY style, green light yourself.

"I'm winning anyway, I can't lose"

hqdefault.jpg

Poll closes when a decision is made or the season ends

POLL CLOSED

Last edited:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She too damn old to be running around jumping off cars and running away from blown up buildings :mjlol:

shyt just looks goofy and unrealistic and not entertaining in any way. I imagine the script is filled with cliches and overall bad writing

Glad sis is still out here working and on prime time TV but this ain’t it :francis:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They would have been better off with a younger, fresher woman as the lead.

Plenty of young badass women to chose from
The actor from the original series was cross between Sean Connery and bootleg Hannibal from the A-Team, though

===============

The young badass female cop/agent angle was been done before, and recently ......those shows didn't last.

Last edited:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps

I think the main point of the original and the Denzel remake is to have an older person play this role. Even with that they could have went with somebody else still.

Honestly after seeing Halle Berry in John wick, this would have been better suited for her. Even Gabrielle Union.

Something about seeing Queen Latifah drop kick a guy using 13 different fast camera cuts is just too :flabbynsick: for me

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

They should pull in one of those MMA brehettes or boxing brehettes. I don't know why they don't call upon them more often. It clearly isn't about looks when it comes to a show like this. No offense to brehs who always wanted to smash Queen tho. :heh:

This show isn't appealing to any of Queen's fans IMO, if you were a fan of the hip hop Quwen Latifah this has nothing to do with music, if you were a fan of Queen Latifah the actor, this is nothing like her previous acting roles, but I guess if you're a middle aged black women who just so happened to be diehard into action dramas or always wanted more middle aged black women to be in action dramas...this for you? I guess? :ld:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
As someone who actually watched the pilot (:dead:). the problem is the show tries to have a serious tone. but it falls flat because of how ridiculous the concept of Queen Latifah as Ex-Military special forces / Ex-CIA.

I mean come on..... :comeon:

16390b48-c5c0-4575-a145-ea154c025d40-117161_0644b.jpg

Not even a 20-something year old Queen Latifah could've passed for a Special Forces Operator. At least Denzel looked like he could've been Ex-CIA. Viola Davis lowkey would've killed this.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

She too damn old to be running around jumping off cars and running away from blown up buildings :mjlol:

shyt just looks goofy and unrealistic and not entertaining in any way. I imagine the script is filled with cliches and overall bad writing

Glad sis is still out here working and on prime time TV but this ain’t it :francis:

My main problems with it.

Glad she still getting a bag but come on Dana :francis:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
the ep was not bad. jumpy narrative for all the character intro, but all new joints start out that way. i expect this to get better

i say 2nd season at least