The Equalizer 2 (Official Thread)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Looks easily better than the 1st ( which gets talked about as something great but was just standard fair).. That scene where hes killin someone against the backdrop of a cloudy blue sky is some dope cinematography:steviej:

Ps but his real life demeanour/views has made me sour on him as an actor now

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Looks easily better than the 1st ( which gets talked about as something great but was just standard fair).. That scene where hes killin someone against the backdrop of a cloudy blue sky is some dope cinematography:steviej:

Ps but his real life demeanour/views has made me sour on him as an actor now

Can you elaborate? I've met him and he's an interesting guy for sure, very method. Just wanting to see what you mean.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Can you elaborate? I've met him and he's an interesting guy for sure, very method. Just wanting to see what you mean.

The part where they ask who he voted for, could have said he didnt vote. That reply though said with a smile seemed douche. The fact he didnt seem ready for the question of what hed want the newly elected republican prez to do said a lot as well..

Again another douchey look, which seemed unnecessary.Just hope deep down he resents cacs or somethin.

Get what he was trying to say but its a gross generalisation that right wing talking heads so detached from the AA experience often spout. He knew he could have phrased it better but I feel he worded it like that because conservatives/libertarian s/republicans watch his movies too

Mr. McDowell

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
The part where they ask who he voted for, could have said he didnt vote. That reply though said with a smile seemed douche. The fact he didnt seem ready for the question of what hed want the newly elected republican prez to do said a lot as well..

Again another douchey look, which seemed unnecessary.Just hope deep down he resents cacs or somethin.

Get what he was trying to say but its a gross generalisation that right wing talking heads so detached from the AA experience often spout. He knew he could have phrased it better but I feel he worded it like that because conservatives/libertarian s/republicans watch his movies too

So you feel he's disassociated from the common man? Or is it because you see him as a closet conservative? I mean, he's a pretty specific guy. From my experience, if you are on his level or have shared experiences with him, he will engage you. If not, you might as well be invisible.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So you feel he's disassociated from the common man? Or is it because you see him as a closet conservative?
hes been making good bread for at least 30+ years so yeah I think its safe to assume he has more in common with bill belichick than the everday black man my thing is if most of your fanbase (that have sustained your career) are black would it hurt to not use such loose generalisations when discussing a prevalent issue such as mass incarceration?
I mean, he's a pretty specific guy. From my experience, if you are on his level or have shared experiences with him, he will engage you. If not, you might as well be invisible.
even though this is just your opinion there in lies the problem. You couldnt have worded it any worse to strengthen my argument that hes a douche irl. "if you are on his level" "or have shared experience" he has time for you if not you might as well be invisible? Lol

Life is a constant journey of discovery, i like speaking to ppl with shared experiences but speaking to those with a different view/life than my own is just as engaging and can be informative. If an individual only had an ear for convos on their terms about experiences they can relate to and everything else they ignored guess what they'd be? an uninformed caucasian with rightwing political views

Mr. McDowell

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
hes been making good bread for at least 30+ years so yeah I think its safe to assume he has more in common with bill belichick than the everday black man my thing is if most of your fanbase (that have sustained your career) are black would it hurt to not use such loose generalisations when discussing a prevalent issue such as mass incarceration?even though this is just your opinion there in lies the problem. You couldnt have worded it any worse to strengthen my argument that hes a douche irl. "if you are on his level" "or have shared experience" he has time for you if not you might as well be invisible? Lol

Life is a constant journey of discovery, i like speaking to ppl with shared experiences but speaking to those with a different view/life than my own is just as engaging and can be informative. If an individual only had an ear for convos on their terms about experiences they can relate to and everything else they ignored guess what they'd be? an uninformed caucasian with rightwing political views

But my experience with him might not be the same as other people. My Dad for example met him in an non-professional environment and he said he was lovely. It could be an older black man thing.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
But my experience with him might not be the same as other people. My Dad for example met him in an non-professional environment and he said he was lovely. It could be an older black man thing.
Wait i thought you said you met him, so your description this whole time was from your dad's mouf or did you both meet him at different points...