The End of Black Harlem

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
The north east coast has been bought and paid for over a decade ago. It's over with.

It's hard to accept that... I grew up down South and the Great Migration inspired me to be an intellectual and world traveler. The notion that the creativity, ingenuity, and heart of the Great Migration will has been sold is crushing.

Life for me ain't been no crystal stair. :mjcry:

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
It's hard to accept that... I grew up down South and the Great Migration inspired me to be an intellectual and world traveler. The notion that the creativity, ingenuity, and heart of the Great Migration will has been sold is crushing.

Life for me ain't been no crystal stair. :mjcry:

We can't make the same mistake in the south

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
5 years ago after a night of fukkery (weed,booze and p*ssy) I get off the 2 train on 125th and Lennox I see 2 cac couples just walking and laughing without a care in the world. It dawned on me that it was a time they would've shyt their pants to be there at 4 am.

Spike Lee and others where right to bring up gentrification but where met with being called a racist by the jews and c00ns. The movie Who's The Man, Nick the Barber was fighting against gentrification in Harlem.

Charles Rangle sold us the fukk out by helping these interlopers out. There was a nice little garden garden on 124th street on Lexington Ave with a beautiful mural of black kids playing you can see that mural in the opining credits of the Halle Berry movie Strictly Business. The mural was torn down for the supermarket chain PathMark. Now PathMark has gone out of business you know what's going to take it's place. Condominiums.

Even the post office on 124th street has moved down the block to make way for the condo's. Most of us don't want this but c00ns and old people kept electing Rangle who never fought for us. The same Rangle who said the same thing about Adam Clayton Powell.

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
This comes from a lack of economic power and not working together. It's going to continue to happen until we change how we spend our money.

All that dope money that flowed thru Harlem should have been put into businesses in the community. Let the church wash the dirty money and then reinvest it. Smfh.

:ehh:

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Harlem seemed pretty black when I was there a couple years back, around 140th & Lenox....only cacs I saw were this group of around 20 Euro tourists on some Hip Hop tour with Grandmaster Caz. They ended up leaving quickly though because a bunch of goony goons in the park opposite the Big L mural came over and crashed their party :russ:

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
Harlem seemed pretty black when I was there a couple years back, around 140th & Lenox....only cacs I saw were this group of around 20 Euro tourists on some Hip Hop tour with Grandmaster Caz. They ended up leaving quickly though because a bunch of goony goons in the park opposite the Big L mural came over and crashed their party :russ:
I live in Harlem so I laugh when I see people post shyt like there ain't no black people left here. Granted there are more whites in certain areas than let's say 5 years ago but blacks still out number

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
This is going on all over the country. In the city I live in historically black east Austin is being pushed out. And to make matters worse they aren't building housing in the affordable suburbs east of the city. :mjcry:

Spin

All Star
Daps
If you don't own the housing how do you lay claim to any area? It was only a matter of time. People in the suburbs would rather live in the city now because it's closer to work and safer than before.

If you notice now politicians are pushing government housing programs for the poor to move to the suburbs. What people don't realize is one these poor tenants move into these "nice" suburbs the old tenants are going to move. What you're going to have left is rundown suburbs that were once upper class areas. Believe it or not, if you a kid in the projects in Manhattan or close you really have it better opportunity wise than most. You're closer to the money and access to other resources.

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
I live in Harlem so I laugh when I see people post shyt like there ain't no black people left here. Granted there are more whites in certain areas than let's say 5 years ago but blacks still out number

Fair enough but I'm only posting what I saw :yeshrug:this was 2014 keep in mind.

Walking up towards 125th from 116th I saw more whites tbf