The End Is Near: The Leftovers season 3 thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't know...show irritates me...I get it....it makes you think..but I just want to understand shyt sometimes too
You mean like everyone in the world depicted in The Leftovers?:ohhh::ohhh:

Holy Wayne and Laurie would've made a killing in the real world:francis:

Anyway, regardless of the finale, The Leftovers is officially in my top 10 shows of all time:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
You mean like everyone in the world depicted in The Leftovers?:ohhh::ohhh:

Holy Wayne and Laurie would've made a killing in the real world:francis:

Anyway, regardless of the finale, The Leftovers is officially in my top 10 shows of all time:wow:
Top 5 for me as long as the finale brings satisfying emotional closure:yeshrug:

I want the finale to be just like Lost's.....which is ironic of course since Lost finale "ruined" the show in many peoples minds

But the truth is, the actual finale episode itself was excellent and provided intensely satisfying emotional closure. It was actually the entirety of the final season that truly ruined the show, skipping over promised answers or giving weak ones. Not that single episode.

Since I dont give a fukk about the mysteries of The Leftovers (and neither should anyone by now), that type of ending would be perfect.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Top 5 for me as long as the finale brings satisfying emotional closure:yeshrug:

I want the finale to be just like Lost's.....which is ironic of course since Lost finale "ruined" the show in many peoples minds

But the truth is, the actual finale episode itself was excellent and provided intensely satisfying emotional closure. It was actually the entirety of the final season that truly ruined the show, skipping over promised answers or giving weak ones. Not that single episode.

Since I dont give a fukk about the mysteries of The Leftovers (and neither should anyone by now), that type of ending would be perfect.

The mysteries of why the peoole disappeared no.. But the actual meaning of what they are trying to convey yes....the show is way to cryptic.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This may have already been posted but here's a great article on the show by Emily Nussbaum

The Apocalypse According to “The Leftovers”
great article

It’s still a hard sell. You try telling people that a drama about dead children and suicidal ideation is a hilarious must-watch, then get back to me. But, as an online acquaintance put it, it’s gone from a bummer to “a bummer party.”

so accurate. I've tried to tell so many fukking people about this show but it's insanely difficult to describe what makes it so great exactly. The general concept seems strange and not very attractive to people in a brief description through conversation.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Just caught up on season 3 :wow:

Anybody noticed that the end of season 3 episode 1 when nora (or sarah as her new name) was dropping the birds off its the same church that is half built at the farm that kevin and them are at now?

I wonder if the radiation device made her forget everyone so she can move on :patrice:

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
great article

It’s still a hard sell. You try telling people that a drama about dead children and suicidal ideation is a hilarious must-watch, then get back to me. But, as an online acquaintance put it, it’s gone from a bummer to “a bummer party.”

so accurate. I've tried to tell so many fukking people about this show but it's insanely difficult to describe what makes it so great exactly. The general concept seems strange and not very attractive to people in a brief description through conversation.
So true I've told so many people about this show and most of these people trust my opinion and I've never successfully got anyone to tune in.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
No finale reviews yet?

I dont want to be dry spoiled, I would just like to see some sort of reaction

EDIT: nevermind, found some twitter reactions posted on the Leftovers Reddit forum. They are calling it an all-timer. Good god.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No finale reviews yet?

I dont want to be dry spoiled, I would just like to see some sort of reaction

EDIT: nevermind, found some twitter reactions posted on the Leftovers Reddit forum. They are calling it an all-timer. Good god.
From critics or just random people? Post them if they're spoiler free

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Spoiler for the last episode.
Saving the best for last, the series finale of The Leftovers this Sunday has Carrie c00n fully naked. Carrie first shows her butt and some sideboob as she enters the room. Carrie then shows her breasts and bush as she makes her way to a machine. There is also a scene where Carrie gets into the bath where you may be able to see her breasts briefly.
:takedat:

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Can't believe this is the end brehs.... it's been a fantastic journey gentleman, but all good things must come to an end :mjcry: