The End Is Near: The Leftovers season 3 thread

Oville

Pro
Daps
There isn't going to be an explanation for the departure. Lindeloff made that clear in season 1 interviews.

I was hoping he'd deviate from that. Thats actuslly why I didnt stick with the show when it first came out.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was hoping he'd deviate from that. Thats actuslly why I didnt stick with the show when it first came out.
If anything this episode (particularly the scene with Matt and Burton) confirmed that nothing will be explained. Things will be left ambiguous. That doesn't let the writers offthe hook though, they still need to provide a satisfying ending.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
this show always amazes me how it gets better and completely confuses me at the same time:wow:
Breh i was thinking the same thing. I don't know if I like the show or it's just so many mind fukks and wanting to know what happened I just keep watching.

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
I wanna see how the nuclear explosion and Frasier eating the guy in the red hat 'God" tie in with the main story. This whole episode made little to no sense, but I was still intrigued the entire time.

Did the man in the red hat "God" really save Matt, or did the events on the ship just confirm to him that there is no God? He seemed pretty happy at the end there.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I wanna see how the nuclear explosion and Frasier eating the guy in the red hat 'God" tie in with the main story. This whole episode made little to no sense, but I was still intrigued the entire time.

Did the man in the red hat "God" really save Matt, or did the events on the ship just confirm to him that there is no God? He seemed pretty happy at the end there.

He seemed happy because he finally snapped. For him, whether that guy was "God" or not, he *could've* been. That *could* be how God really feels about him and everything he's done. Matt now knows that he will never get any more answers from "God" as real as that. I think he still believes in God, but is just gonna live for himself regardless.

Oville

Pro
Daps
If anything this episode (particularly the scene with Matt and Burton) confirmed that nothing will be explained. Things will be left ambiguous. That doesn't let the writers offthe hook though, they still need to provide a satisfying ending.

Damn, I usually hate open ended endings. Hopefully they can do it in a way where i

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just finished episode 3.

GOOD fukkING GOD that monologue at the end by the Australian lady.:wow::mjcry:

That was some season 1 shyt. That was why this show was top class from episode 1 on

:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
No PhD needed, all you need to be is smart dumb. :wow:

Just made it to this part of the thread.

Why you in here lying, man?
:usure:

You know damn well you are captivated by this shyt. You are still watching it just like you have been since S1

Gotta keep up the charade though, I see:mjgrin:

Just take the L quietly. Its over. Rectify went out like a fart in the wind because the characters were not intetesting. This show is Rectify with great characters. Embrace it.

(Embrace it publicly, that is. I know you got that DVR set privately)

Daps
Just made it to this part of the thread.

Why you in here lying, man?
:usure:

You know damn well you are captivated by this shyt. You are still watching it just like you have been since S1

Gotta keep up the charade though, I see:mjgrin:

Just take the L quietly. Its over. Rectify went out like a fart in the wind because the characters were not intetesting. This show is Rectify with great characters. Embrace it.

(Embrace it publicly, that is. I know you got that DVR set privately)
:picard:

Lindelof wishes he could capture the human condition like Rectify does, even for just a moment. Instead he marginalizes what man goes through with some Scooby-Doo ass cutting room floor mysteries [deus ex machina in tow], tacky gimmicks, and a make-it-up-as-we-go-along TL as a ruse to come off as if he's exploring the depths and uncertainty of life.

The acting holds this show afloat, without it it'd sink to the shallow floor of the ocean of his smart-dumbness.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star

Did you not recognize the guy in the red hat from season 2?