The Dream=Cookie Cutter R&B

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
If The Dream is cookie cutter then we should focus on someone who really represents R&B like Eric Roberson. This Eric Roberson dude has that retro R&B sound that should be more acknopwledged. I think one of his set backs is that he looks hideous and compared to the likes of Chris browns, trey songs and Drakes in the game eric might have a hard time fitting in with todays current crowd cuz of his looks. But his music is still amazing. Also Chrisette Michelle is everything Jennifer Hudson was hyped up to be.

eric roberson is :flabbynsick:. that may be the root of your displeasure in his looks. duke came out in like '90 or something. but yo, he fathered the twins from jagged edge's singing style. everybody goes :what: when i say this.

the problem with chrisette michelle is that her music was geared towards people that literally died 20 years ago. then she spiced it up but theres still no appeal.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
do you agree with the jagged edge assessment?

and somebody needs to explain dude's career. he did a bid with lyfe jennings or something?

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Breh HOB> Dreams entire catalog w.e the fukk he wrote for r&b bytches. an this is coming from someone who played dreams first two albums out.:birdman:

:pachaha: fukk that whiny techno beat Ethiopian fakkit...his shyt is wack. nikkas just whines on the track.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check there stuff out after work. Any specific albums?

To be honest I only brought up Eric Roberson and Chrisette Michelle because the thread is about The Dream and in 2009 all 3 of them dropped albums. 2009 was a pretty good year for R&B.....R kelly and mary both dropped albums....maxwell dropped a banger, Keri Hilson, Brian mcKnight, Joss Stone, Melanie Fiona Rihanna, Trey Songs, mariah and Whitney all dropped albums in 2009. Not to forget Drakes So Far Gone......the album that I'm speaking of from Eric Roberson is called "Music Fan First" real good album......Chrisette's album was called Epiphany.

Another album that was on of my favorites in 2009 but was heavily slept on was Letoya Luckett's "Lady Love." I didnt think Letoya could keep me enetertained for a whole album but I was suprised....she doesnt have the strongest voice but she knows how to make a song. Vocally she's like Rihanna but with more soul. Not one song on that album was bad.....again, 2009 was a good year for R&B.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

the problem with chrisette michelle is that her music was geared towards people that literally died 20 years ago. then she spiced it up but theres still no appeal.

she should have kept it the way it was because her first album went gold. Her last album she tried to spice it up, but I don't think it sold as well.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
raheem devaughn >>>>>>> these two cornballs mentioned in the thread

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
she should have kept it the way it was because her first album went gold. Her last album she tried to spice it up, but I don't think it sold as well.

it went gold? i remember the 1st week sales being dispicable.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Knew this was going to be a thread attempting to downplay Dream in order to prop up The Weeknd. Bunch of insecure herbs. :laugh: