The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site'

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
people been talking about chicago being a military town for a few years now. there was a thread of the police doing drills in neighborhoods (mostly black, but not in mine) of like the sound of bombs dropping and shyt. but all for preparation of future drama, not cuz they were preparing to strong arm citizens :stopitslime:

either way, chicago is a fukked up city and this is gonna set precedent for other cities. nip this shyt in the bud now because little by little, they're inching by taking our "freedoms" from us and we just accept it

im ready to fight, let me know

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Art Barr

Do you know about this place or ever heard of it?

This isn't anything new, anybody who has lived in any hood knows the police got places like this and have been talking about it for years, it's good though that it's finally coming to light

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
This isn't anything new, anybody who has lived in any hood knows the police got places like this and have been talking about it for years, it's good though that it's finally coming to light

I feel you.

Its one of those things people speculate about in the hood and some even come out about their experiences.

How can we respect cops when they doing shyt like this.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I read this article yesterday.
There's a particular need for these kinds of temporary holding locations in particular situations, but the police officers who physically-abused suspects were not doing the right thing. These temporary holding cells where arrestees and suspects are kept off the grid exist elsewhere. I'm not going to go into details, but beating up dudes in these locations is wrong.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
saddening that blacks killing blacks in chi goes plat but a thread like this on struggle pages :mjcry:
Funny you mention that...

I remember it was @J-purp that recommended that martial law be enforced in Chicago and the high crime rate was the way to slowly but surely enact it...just like @DrX alluded to in the post above.

I have a bad feeling the shyt is slowly but surely going to hit the fan sooner than later.

Militarized police forces with all sorts of weapons and goodies trickled down from defense contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan. Used against protesters in Ferguson
And now these black zones established in American cities....

And they are definitely being used to curb the "gang" (ie..black) problem in chicagk...to make way for gentrification.

Living in this country as a black person is just getting downright terrifying at this point.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Break up the whole department and start over. It's rotten to the core.