The DioField Chronicles (Square Enix Tactics RPG) PS4/PS5/XB1/SeriesX/PC/Switch

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Its hard to compare outside of the strategy genre, but even then Diofield is real-time w/ pause and triangle was straight up old school turn based.

I don't know what to say about Diofield yet tbh.... The art carries it hard. Some beautiful stuff fr. Outside of that, there are a lot of little things that make the game seem like an open, unashamed scaled-up mobile game. There's a lot of leveling mechanics that seem to stretch the game needlessly, they lean on FF jargon for attacks and summons, the UI doesn't seem it belongs in this gen, etc - its really small stuff.

Diofield isn't even a legit 'bad' title.

It just feels like something pushed out the door and more disappointing than anything because everyone playing can see the potential. Cut corners stand out hard in strategy titles so a lot of jank is hard to ignore.

Also, anyone who can't deal with story marinating is just not gonna like Triangle Strat at all. That's biggest divide on people appreciating that game by far. Diofield's intro is a lot more attractive, yeah, but its still goofy as fukk and you'll care about no one outside of their stat sheet really.
This!

This is exactly what I’m thinking. It’s like gamers are easy to manipulate. The gameplay is cool but this just feels like a blatant cash grab, like SE is gonna make bank off this I bet they threw minimal resources at this.

Square after the reception from the demo
200w.gif

I seem to like most of the same games y’all two do so this shyt looking like a hard pass for me off the strength of these posts :hubie:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna finish this...eventually. but do not buy this shyt for full price :francis:

will get burn when my deck comes in

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bought this for the $40. Didn't seem like a bad price for a game.