The Death of a Dynasty (fukk DISNEY).. the Official MCU Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Randomly decided to rewatch Age of Ultron last night, few thoughts:
  • Reminded of one of my favorite MCU moments, when Vision picks up Mjolnir and hands it to Thor. Everyone's reaction was priceless.:ohhh::gucci::dwillhuh::gladbron:
  • Didn't realize the middle name of Clint's newborn is named after Quiksilver. Shown at the end when their facetiming Natasha.
  • We all were made aware of everyones dream sequence (Cap, Thor, Natasha, and Stark), but what was Banners' dream sequence? I can't remember if they talked about it in interviews, etc. or anyone broke it down here.
Banner was never mentioned

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Randomly decided to rewatch Age of Ultron last night, few thoughts:
  • Reminded of one of my favorite MCU moments, when Vision picks up Mjolnir and hands it to Thor. Everyone's reaction was priceless.:ohhh::gucci::dwillhuh::gladbron:
  • Didn't realize the middle name of Clint's newborn is named after Quiksilver. Shown at the end when their facetiming Natasha.
  • We all were made aware of everyones dream sequence (Cap, Thor, Natasha, and Stark), but what was Banners' dream sequence? I can't remember if they talked about it in interviews, etc. or anyone broke it down here.

That dream sequence with Cap also got me thinking he's a Skrull. He has no dark memories because he's a Skrull and only had limited access.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Bro i swear there's always been this sorta civil war between bp/storm shippers who want BP to run back to her the moment she's shown batting an eye at him... and others like myself who feel BP shouldn't be on some p*ssy-whipped '09 Drake shyt given everything that's happened since AvX. Granted I'm a bit harsh bc most of those shippers were just storm fans who miss being relevant but had attitude while the two were paired up, but we still had a few hard core bp fans who took a while see the light.
Before they cried and cried about Storm being with Black Panther. And now that Storm is an X-Men and the X-Writers aren't doing shyt with her ON TOP of Black Panther being bigger than ever, they are now pleading for Storm to go back with him. At least a significant amount of them. This shyt is like a more famous female singer leaving an up and coming rapper. That singer falls off HARD but that rapper becomes BIGGER than she could dream and now she is begging to come back.

Lowkey though, Nakia/Lupita is the best thing to happen to T'Challa, for his personal development with love interests.
Coates ruined the shyt outta Nakia. But man Priest made look look BAD AS fukk in the comics...
IMG_1274.PNG

:heh:

And yea, while Storm is popular (or more so just known), i think we all know Nakia and Shuri (and Okoye) are going to rise tremendously with black women. And Monica Rambeau would be an instant hit if she ever got that push. A new orleans lousiana southern belle black woman with top tier super powers? SHeeeeeeeiiiiiit

Storm popularity has been on a decline since the 90s. Even if she's more popular its only due to the X-Men. Of course she is MORE popular than Nakia, Shuri and Monica. But after this movie Shuri and Nakia can MAYBE close the cap a bit. And yeah, hope this BP movie boost black female heros. Like i said Marvel has MANY good ones like Storm, Monica and Shuri. Making black female heros is HARD. Much harder than their male counterparts because these white writers can only make them stereotypical or give them lame ass powers.

Storm, Monica and Shuri are black female heros done RIGHT in comics. And yeah Monica would be an instant hit. She may take away Storm's popularity among Black women.

Jards

All Star
Daps
agreed with all the points in this video. Marvel diggin in the crates. With the exception of Spiderman, they're not just redoing origin stories of the same 3 characters over and over. And I hope they realize they don't have to start from the very beginning with every character, quick flash backs works. People have wikipedia now, you don't have to explain all the characters on screen.
That's why Marvel is doing well imo - it's superhero stories but it's stories the wider audience aren't familiar with so the stories are new rather than the same ones over and over again. If Marvel ever rebooted I'd probably be done tbh.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
And yea, she was definitely more feminine as Ms Marvel. Honestly, they could've just kept the black costume but simply added sleek designed pants to it since the only real issue was her cheeks were hanging out. They had a cringe-worthy excuse for cutting her hair too (something along the lines of it's impractical for a woman in the military to have long hair).

Lowkey i still feel they killed off Rhodey in the comics just so they could avoid any questions about whether Brie Lawson and Don Cheadle would be an item in the MCU :russ:

:mjpls:

I wouldn't be surprised but we'll see.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
That's why Marvel is doing well imo - it's superhero stories but it's stories the wider audience aren't familiar with so the stories are new rather than the same ones over and over again. If Marvel ever rebooted I'd probably be done tbh.

i dont know why so many want marvel to do an outright reboot. theres so much more to lose than there is to gain. i bet if dc could go back in time and undo flashpoint, they would

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
i dont know why so many want marvel to do an outright reboot. theres so much more to lose than there is to gain. i bet if dc could go back in time and undo flashpoint, they would
Marvel hardly ever rebooting is why I stuck with them even during the trash ass times than I did with DC. You guys are referring to the comics right?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
i am. theres so many lost dc characters that i like due to fukking flashpoint. i dont want that at marvel
Yeah DC shot themselves in the foot. New 52 was one of the dumbest things in comic book history. Marvel rebooting would literally screw everything up. The MCU is so successful because there is SO MUCH STORIES they can tell due to not starting over. Because of 52 so much characters are lost in limbo never to appear. I am glad that Cass Cain appeared.

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Before they cried and cried about Storm being with Black Panther. And now that Storm is an X-Men and the X-Writers aren't doing shyt with her ON TOP of Black Panther being bigger than ever, they are now pleading for Storm to go back with him. At least a significant amount of them. This shyt is like a more famous female singer leaving an up and coming rapper. That singer falls off HARD but that rapper becomes BIGGER than she could dream and now she is begging to come back.

Coates ruined the shyt outta Nakia. But man Priest made look look BAD AS fukk in the comics...
IMG_1274.PNG

:heh:

Storm popularity has been on a decline since the 90s. Even if she's more popular its only due to the X-Men. Of course she is MORE popular than Nakia, Shuri and Monica. But after this movie Shuri and Nakia can MAYBE close the cap a bit. And yeah, hope this BP movie boost black female heros. Like i said Marvel has MANY good ones like Storm, Monica and Shuri. Making black female heros is HARD. Much harder than their male counterparts because these white writers can only make them stereotypical or give them lame ass powers.

Storm, Monica and Shuri are black female heros done RIGHT in comics. And yeah Monica would be an instant hit. She may take away Storm's popularity among Black women.

Storms decline started when they got weak-ass Halle Berry and even weaker-ass Alexandra Shipp to play her with their half-assed acting skills and poor character development in the movies .Get it right and she'll be back on top because thinking about it, she's really the only iconic, black female in the comic world.

Plus no one does it badder then black women cosplaying as Storm.

f83dd947aca69009f063f22fa13e1564--x-men-costumes-cosplay-costumes.jpg

storm-cosplay.jpg

bP1Crb

dPsjZ

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Storms decline started when they got weak-ass Halle Berry and even weaker-ass Alexandra Shipp to play her with their half-assed acting skills and poor character development in the movies .Get it right and she'll be back on top because thinking about it, she's really the only iconic, black female in the comic world.
Yeah Halle was WACK ASS fukk as Storm and with the WOAT line in history.:heh:

Plus she looked like a hot mess with the white hair. They did NOT make it look authentic.

Plus no one does it badder then black women cosplaying as Storm.

storm-cosplay.jpg
f83dd947aca69009f063f22fa13e1564--x-men-costumes-cosplay-costumes.jpg

dPsjZ

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

They kept having these wack ass biracials play Storm(no offense), not only that you need a regal look for Storm.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
List of characters/movies I’d like to see in the next phase

Loki solo film
Fantastic Four
Nova (Richard Rider of course)
Blade
X-Men

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
That it took the MCU 10 years and this social media/social justice era to make a movie about a black superhero or even have a black female hero appear in film (race bent as Valkyrie) is lame as fuk. Ike "all black characters look alike and women characters don't sell" Perlmutter being in the position he was, also lame.

But Marvel has done a good job of course correcting. Not just Panther but Falcon from CA:WS ("i'm just a weaker, slower inferior version of Cap") to CA:CW where he actually takes charge and is formidable in his own right, is a welcomed adjustment.

DC has characters like GL Stewart, Marie, Virgil Hawkins, and Michael **** with potential but it comes down to prioritization and execution. Not a big fan of what i've seen so far, but we'll see how things progress.

My G.. really ??

Wonder Woman, FIRST female led hero ever, smashed it.
Aquaman played by Half Hawaian brown haired surfer bro
Flash played by bisexual actor
Cyborg first Black hero in a first major team up.. where was War Machine in Avengers 1 ??? falcon wasnt around till WS
Greenlighting an all female CBM cast with Gotham Sirens

like lets not act like DCEU out the gate haven't been diversifying the brand lit as fukk. now i wont lie and say when it comes to execution, seeing Black Panther on screen literally blows everything else out the water, thats literally top of my list and the fact it took marvel this long, they even pushed it back to shoe horn Spidey that should show you how much they really care about diversification, with DCEU it doesnt feel forced at all, they're all there