The Cs Dispatched The MVP & Now Face Super Saiyan Jimmy! | Official HEAT (#8) vs. Celtics (#2) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Boston has to be the favorite without a doubt, but there's a path to a Miami W if they can just get bam to step up and find some semblance of bench advantage. Chances of that are slim tho, boston in 4.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Just heard that there's talk about Bam Adebayo guarding Tatum and the Heat are looking to do that

Heat or Celtics brehs, what do ya'll think of this matchup? :jbhmm:

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just heard that there's talk about Bam Adebayo guarding Tatum and the Heat are looking to do that

Heat or Celtics brehs, what do ya'll think of this matchup? :jbhmm:

That should be an easy match up for Tatum. I mean look what he did to Embiid. :mjgrin:

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Heat in 7. fukk all that Tatum dikkriding.

Jimmy will have two 50 ball games :hubie:

Duncan Robinson about to remind yall :jawalrus:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I’m excited for this series

Jimmy Butler has beasted in these playoffs and he goin against Tatum

I wish the Heat had one more wing

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess they are going to have rob Williams sagging off of Kevin love so that means Spo is going to have him screening and flaring all day

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Logically, this shouldn't take Boston more than 6 games to get to the next round.

However... I have a hard time not seeing this go seven. I want the Heat to win but Boston just has too much talent.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Because I dont think he was round 1 Jimmy in the last 2 games of the Knicks series, so if he aint 100% even if he plays that bodes even worse for them
But if he doesn't that can't win so it's a pointless speaking point either way :gucci:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Since 2020 when Jimmy Butler got to Miami and Jaylen and Jayson became 20-point scorers, the C's are 7-6 against the Heat in the regular season. They are 6-7 against them in the playoffs with each team winning a series. Despite the C's having superior talent, it's been a dead Heat. Don't ask me how. :wow:

And Jimmy has significantly outperformed Jayson in the playoffs in that period. A .597 True Shooting % to Tatum's .569. A .499 Free Throw Rate to Tatum's .359. Ast% is in his favor 25.3% to 23.6% for Tatum. Jimmy makes better decisions and has a lower turnover % at 9.4% to Tatum's 12.1%.

It's even more pronounced in this year's playoffs through two rounds.
  • Jimmy TS%: .618 (.647 reg. season) ✔️
  • Tatum TS%: .583 (.607 reg. season) ❎
  • Jimmy FTR: .488 (.625 reg. season) ✔️
  • Tatum FTR: .312 (.399 reg. season) ❎
  • Jimmy Ast%: 24.3% (27.1% reg. season) ✔️
  • Tatum Ast%: 20.7% (20.9% reg. season) ❎
  • Jimmy TO%: 7.4% (8.2% reg. season) ✔️
  • Tatum TO%: 8.7% (10.4% reg. season) ❎
The TO percentage and assist percentages are from basketball reference. It's easier to get the information from there compared to the NBA.com where you can't compare to players directly like you can on basketball reference.

Miami really turned up the heat last year in the conference finals. Again, don't ask me how. They applied pressure on the ball in off it. The Celtics decision making in regards to how they handle this pressure has to be improved. I'm not a fan of assist/ turnover ratio. Not every turnover comes from trying to generate an assist. But I get it. It's easy to reference because it's readily available on ESPN and basketball reference. What I think you should look at is "FGM+AST+Personal Fouls Drawn / Turnovers." That's a way better indicator of positive decision making to negative ones. So I did this for the Celtics and last year's ECF for Jayson, Jaylen, Marcus and Derrick White.

"FGM+AST+PFD / TO" in 21-22 ECF

• Tatum: 3.9 :picard:
  • Brown: 4.8
  • Smart: 4.3
  • White: 5.5

Not what you looking for. :scust: How bout this year with the addition of Malcolm Brogdon?

"FGM+AST+PFD / TO" in 22-23 Playoffs (Reg. Season)

• Tatum: 8.5 (6.9)
  • Brown: 5.3 *5.4 accounting for Niang kicked ball out of bounds (6.0)
  • Smart: 5.6 (5.7)
  • White: 9.2 (9.2)
  • Brogdon: 10.2 (7.9) :whoo:

Tatum has really stepped up his ball security / decision making this year and even moreso in the playoffs. Jaylen is down a little from the reg. season. Marcus is essentially the same but he was worse than Jaylen in the regular season. Looking at the touches, in the playoffs, it's like 57 for Jaylen to 55 for Marcus. They're decision making is close and their touches reflect that. Derrick and Malcolm have been great in the playoffs and Malcolm really could be a difference maker with the ball this series and making good decisions when the heat is on. :wow:

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Your initial post was that no one was discussing Jimmy's ankle and I responded why no one is talking about it :laff: :laff: :laff:

In the media no they arent and one would think given how he didnt look himself totally in the last 2 games that would be something to discuss when looking at the series

Is that hard?

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
In the media no they arent and one would think given how he didnt look himself totally in the last 2 games that would be something to discuss when looking at the series

Is that hard?
You got it breh, let's talk about Jimmy's ankle:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff: