The Crown (Netflix)

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
I just BARELY remember what a "big deal" they made of her hugging AIDS babies.

Didn’t a lot of people think you could get it from touching people? It seemed to have limited widespread understanding back then so I could see why it could have been a big deal, combined with other factors

Last edited:
Daps
Love this show. You can jump in and start at Season 4 if your only interest is Diana...but you miss a lot of nuance and understanding of the characters. Really helps to watch it from the start.

Camila must have that snapper to keep Charles on the hook like that. Dude in line to be King of England and he's like "but I love her." :russ:. Huge age gap between Charles and Diana which I didn't realize. I was born in '86 so my childhood involved standing at the grocery store and seeing all the tabloid articles about Charles and Diana in the checkout line. Didn't really know the backstory like that. He's early 30's and she's 19.....that was doomed to fail from the jump.

It sucks because she seemed like she really loved him too. Would have given him 10 children if he wanted. The way the actress Emma Corrin portrays Diana is amazing. You know she's not perfect but you get the sense that if Charles was loving and caring towards her......she would have run through a brick wall for him.

Princess Anne and Princess Margaret don't speak much but they always bring the truth when they do talk. They can say in five sentences what it takes a book for Charles to say.

Margaret Thatcher is the kind of broad that other women hate. She hates on other women and likes hanging out with dudes more than broads.....can't trust a woman that can't even get along with her own daughter. Very smart obviously but she had serious blind spots.

Camilla is like Anne and Margaret. They all seem to have very accurate perceptions of themselves. In the last episode, Camilla explained the whole "fairy tale versus reality" bit with her and Diana after the Princess went to New York. She was right about everything. Princess Diana knew how to reach people in a way that the rest of the Royals just couldn't. Camilla knew that no matter what happened, Di was always gonna be the one everyone loved. I think Charles hated that more than anything. Can't get love from the outside or from his family. Camilla was his rock and he couldn't even have her (now he does of course).

All four seasons......flames. Must watch.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
with the queen’s passing, today feels like a good day to start watching this…matt smith is the real reason why I’m watching it tho…dude has killed what little screen time he’s had on ‘house of the dragon’…heard he plays a good role in this as well

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bailed halfway thru the first ep…I’m just not really interested in these ppl

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i heard they having charles wanting to take the crown from his mom in this and old royalists are upset and calling it fake