The COVID relief bill will make streaming of copyrighted works for financial gain illegal

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I still dont understand why this is part of a covid bill

cacs gon cac they always slippin underhanded bullshyt laws in these bills like a way of sneaking them into law because a law put on front street would have a hard time passing so they have to resort to underhanded bullshyt like this to get things passed... I learned about this back in high school something about pork and adding to bills...i

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
i read about this and it doesnt seem as bad as i thought.

1) this shyt was already illegal
2) the sites i use to stream shyt arent for profit anyway
3) you can still torrent with a VPN right?
That's cap with the ads they play on the site.

Before it was just illegal to host the content, but I believe streaming is different.

Even if the content isn't hosted/on your website directly, streaming it from another platform is a no go.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
That's cap with the ads they play on the site.

Before it was just illegal to host the content, but I believe streaming is different.

Even if the content isn't hosted/on your website directly, streaming it from another platform is a no go.
there's loopholes to everything. brehs/crehs still streaming and im still watching :manny:

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
I still dont understand why this is part of a covid bill
It's called "pork" and it's where politicians take completely unrelated issues and attach them to bills for two reasons: to either torpedo that bill because they don't like it, or to get that random piece of legislature through on a bill everybody and their momma knows is gonna pass.