The COVID relief bill will make streaming of copyrighted works for financial gain illegal

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Nobody is gonna enforce this bullshyt
nintendo.png

Atlus_logo_2014.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It will be just like the DMCA stuff. Twitch/Youtube will take down any stream/video that is questionable. They aren't going to waste money going to court over this.

So they might as well just shut down twitch and youtube at that point if theres no way for creators to monetize the service

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

This is more to do with streaming live broadcasts and movies. Basically the cut cable crowd. But their are already laws on the books on this. States aren’t gonna waste resources locking nikkas up for streaming a Sacramento kings game

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Twitch and YouTube is gonna take a bigger hit than they have recently.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Streaming a game is fine. The primary issue they’re taking is with unlicensed music being used. What they need to work out is how to payout royalties to artists for music being used in video game streams.

I would think the payment from literal millions of people who never heard their music before and checking it out on spotify after would be enough.. Streaming has probably made them more money than billboards/social media ads :ld:

its basically free advertising, some of these streamers get 20-100k viewers concurrent, a million viewers total a day for some.. that would cost thousands to advertise to on commercials, ads, social media, etc.. its literal free advertising..

this helps artists make money, they werent going to make the money anyway if the streamer never existed, at best they get new listeners and new fans, at worst the stream never plays it and no one from that platform ever hears their music.

Label execs/politicians are some of the dumbest people walking this earth, just because someone has a job title doesnt mean they are good at what they do.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
meanwhile all these Americans gettin evicted n starving. like that 600 dollar check gonna cover several months rent. first world country my ass.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
when I seen that I was like wtf is this shyt

didnt even think about streaming games, I like to do that just to document my playthrough for the future.

I wonder with youtube monetization how that works with using videos as music overlays
even though the monetization goes directly to the original creator instead of you

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I would think the payment from literal millions of people who never heard their music before and checking it out on spotify after would be enough.. Streaming has probably made them more money than billboards/social media ads :ld:

its basically free advertising, some of these streamers get 20-100k viewers concurrent, a million viewers total a day for some.. that would cost thousands to advertise to on commercials, ads, social media, etc.. its literal free advertising..

this helps artists make money, they werent going to make the money anyway if the streamer never existed, at best they get new listeners and new fans, at worst the stream never plays it and no one from that platform ever hears their music.

Label execs/politicians are some of the dumbest people walking this earth, just because someone has a job title doesnt mean they are good at what they do.

This is what I say about all this streaming. It's free advertisement. I get protecting your copywrite, but many of these streamers are doing what these companies can't. I remember when Marvel had it's YouTube show, The Watcher. I think it was Grace Randolph, and I forgot the other Spanish chick. Where's it at now? DC had their own thing on DC Universe. That's gone. What's still here? Every YouTube content creator that takes the time to put out produced content to talk about this stuff. The same goes for gaming. Do you know how many games I've purchased because of Markiplier? I never would have heard of Raft. I never would have heard of Darkwood. Dragon Ball was dead to me, until a Team Four Star, Dragon Ball Z Abridged video was suggested to me. I binged it all up until the most current episode at the time. Next thing I'm subscribing to Crunchyroll to watch Dragon Ball Super.