The Console Wars were decided for me back in the 90s

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
375px-Sega-Genesis-Mk2-6button.jpg

Sega Genesis was my favorite system of all time.

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Sega was on the verge of shutting the game down with the Dreamcast and then fumblled it

woulld be interesting to see how they woulda panned out. Nintendo stays getting its ass beat in the console wars but are having a lot of positives lately

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Sega died when i could burn a dreamcast game with nero 123. Even the playstation required a chip or gamesharke shenanigans with a spring so the game couldnt tell you opened the system.

The second that could happen it was over. I remember my aunt and uncle couldnt afford xmas presents. My mom had me buy like 30 games for 100$. My cousins was mad happy that xmas.60$ retail to rent and cdr for 5 total bucks.
Made them snes and genesis disks n everything.

I thank sega for making me a killing in high school.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Sega was on the verge of shutting the game down with the Dreamcast and then fumblled it

woulld be interesting to see how they woulda panned out. Nintendo stays getting its ass beat in the console wars but are having a lot of positives lately
No TF they weren't. Everything about that rollout was showing that they didn't know what they were doing anymore (tho the signs were their years prior of course) and that the only thing they were about to shut was their own console business doors, which they promptly did not too much longer afterwards.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
No TF they weren't. Everything about that rollout was showing that they didn't know what they were doing anymore (tho the signs were their years prior of course) and that the only thing they were about to shut was their own console business doors, which they promptly did not too much longer afterwards.
what exactly did they fail on? Cause you havent stated anything specifically

It did relativelly well in 1999-2000 in Japan and even sold out

it seems like the problem was the UI was expensive to make at the time and killed their sales. Sony had the PS2 at the time and sega still sold more, but it wasnt enough to balance out production costs

Last edited: