The Complete Main Event Mafia story on YouTube

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I thought Sting’s dynamic in the stable was so interesting and unique, he was in a heel stable, did heelish things, came out in the heel tunnel but never felt like a heel, it’s like he wanted to demand respect from the young guys but the others just wanted to takeover and kill the youngins spirit.

The only issue with MEM is that they never had true opposition, the Frontline wasn’t really shyt so as someone earlier said, they basically had to fight within towards the middle of 09.

All in all, it was the GOAT TNA stable, everybody played their part well and it never dragged on like Immortal or Aces and Eights did, although Samoa Joe joining and the World Elite alliance was kind of ass, it ended at the right time with AJ Styles becoming the World Champion soon after the group disbanded.

Unfortunately Hogan & Bischoff would undo everything TNA did good which made the MEM era the last of TNA as we knew it.

I appreciate everybody not bringing up the 2013 version with Rampage Jackson :huhldup:.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I thought Sting’s dynamic in the stable was so interesting and unique, he was in a heel stable, did heelish things, came out in the heel tunnel but never felt like a heel, it’s like he wanted to demand respect from the young guys but the others just wanted to takeover and kill the youngins spirit.

The only issue with MEM is that they never had true opposition, the Frontline wasn’t really shyt so as someone earlier said, they basically had to fight within towards the middle of 09.

All in all, it was the GOAT TNA stable, everybody played their part well and it never dragged on like Immortal or Aces and Eights did, although Samoa Joe joining and the World Elite alliance was kind of ass, it ended at the right time with AJ Styles becoming the World Champion soon after the group disbanded.

Unfortunately Hogan & Bischoff would undo everything TNA did good which made the MEM era the last of TNA as we knew it.

I appreciate everybody not bringing up the 2013 version with Rampage Jackson :huhldup:.
Two potentially great stables that were completely ruined. Jeff's heel turn needs to be brought up more when talking about turns that were a surprise. I will give Bischoff credit for one thing, and that's the show TNA ReAction. I loved the little documentary style show immediately following Impact.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

I agree with everything you said except that and that’s what made the main event mafia storyline so great.

Sting never actually did anything that he wouldn’t have done the prior 20 years unless he was provoked or disrespected. He was never actually a “heel” to me which is what eventually led to him & Angle having to go at it.

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I agree with everything you said except that and that’s what made the main event mafia storyline so great.

Sting never actually did anything that he wouldn’t have done the prior 20 years unless he was provoked or disrespected. He was never actually a “heel” to me which is what eventually led to him & Angle having to go at it.

I mean there was the MEM beatdown when AJ spat in his face which made Sting hit him with the scorpion death drop but I guess that goes into the provoked category as you said.

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Two potentially great stables that were completely ruined. Jeff's heel turn needs to be brought up more when talking about turns that were a surprise. I will give Bischoff credit for one thing, and that's the show TNA ReAction. I loved the little documentary style show immediately following Impact.

The production under the Hogan/Bischoff was regime was great, another thing I liked was the hidden camera style promos backstage, made promos feel a bit more realistic, just wish the shows were better, they did get better in 2012 but the damage had already been done.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I mean there was the MEM beatdown when AJ spat in his face which made Sting hit him with the scorpion death drop but I guess that goes into the provoked category as you said.
Them lil niccas were mad disrespectful tbh :manny:

AJ doing that

Joe choking out Booker after he had already decisively beat him and not letting up

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The production under the Hogan/Bischoff was regime was great, another thing I liked was the hidden camera style promos backstage, made promos feel a bit more realistic, just wish the shows were better, they did get better in 2012 but the damage had already been done.
That's what sucks, When things get better but people lose interest and no longer trust you.