The Coli's Top 20 Kids Movies of All Time [FINAL LIST UP]

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Well see if that's the case, then we're voting for a movie based on hype rather than the movie itself. Space Jam was an event, that's for damn sure, but then again so was Avatar and it didn't come anywhere close to our top 10 movies list..no one voted for that shyt, not even in an honorable mention
Yea I was tryna find a good example and Avatar is a perfect one. I will say though that the way they promoted back in the day with the music videos and merchandise for Space Jam, it really became a part of peoples childhood. Avatar didn't have songs that became soundtracks to peoples childhoods or MJ in it to show off new dunks that had kids all over studying. I think Space Jam was bigger than a movie in some ways, cause no one remembers the movie, but they remember the songs, shoes, and dunks. Attach the GOAT athlete to a movie for kids, and that's what you get. Like MJ retired over a decade ago, but people still buy his shoes.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I was tryna find a good example and Avatar is a perfect one. I will say though that the way they promoted back in the day with the music videos and merchandise for Space Jam, it really became a part of peoples childhood. Avatar didn't have songs that became soundtracks to peoples childhoods or MJ in it to show off new dunks that had kids all over studying. I think Space Jam was bigger than a movie in some ways, cause no one remembers the movie, but they remember the songs, shoes, and dunks. Attach the GOAT athlete to a movie for kids, and that's what you get. Like MJ retired over a decade ago, but people still buy his shoes.

Yeah no doubt, I get that, I was there lol but again, when we're talking greatest movies of all time any time we do one of these things, I'm going off of the movie, not everything around it. I love love love Tango and Cash but when we did our greatest action movies, there's no way I'm putting it on that list because it isn't. I've got a lot of nostalgia for Turtles 2 but theres no way it was going on this list and turtles was a huge part of my childhood, but only the first one gets love from me for being a legitimate dope movie.

Hell, let's go with that power rangers movie from 95..HUGE part of my childhood, HUGE..toys, comic books, clothes, it was everywhere..but I'll be damned if I'm putting it on my list because..i mean have you tried watching that shyt?

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Hell, let's go with that power rangers movie from 95..HUGE part of my childhood, HUGE..toys, comic books, clothes, it was everywhere..but I'll be damned if I'm putting it on my list because..i mean have you tried watching that shyt?

:dead: I will say though I think the rise of super hero movies in the 2000's killed a lot of the Power Rangers hype that went on for the later part of the 90's. I can't remember the movie, but to me that shyt was just a fad. Space Jam had Bugs Bunny and MJ. Even if the movie was shytty, those 2 names are still more relevant today than Power Rangers. Bugs Bunny has been waiting for a reboot for sometime now, so a SPace Jam 2 could be big. I know theyre rebooting Power Rangers too, but I dont think Power Rangers mania will ever get to 90's level again though. We'll see though.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:dead: I will say though I think the rise of super hero movies in the 2000's killed a lot of the Power Rangers hype that went on for the later part of the 90's. I can't remember the movie, but to me that shyt was just a fad. Space Jam had Bugs Bunny and MJ. Even if the movie was shytty, those 2 names are still more relevant today than Power Rangers. Bugs Bunny has been for for a reboot for sometime now. I dont think Power Rangers mania will ever get to 90's level again though. We'll see though.

It probably won't be that high again but the rangers were huge man..huge huge huge.pause