The Coli's top 10 Mystery/Suspense Voting Thread. Vol: Edge of My Seat, Breh

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Here it is breh..the one you been fiending for and UENO it!
BumtPDR.png

My favorite genre. I'm excited for this one since it has the best chance for variety. Movies that had you :lupe:

Choose a top 10 and 5 Honorable Mentions (didn't quit make the cut or movies you stan)

Voting will go until November 20th

Some movies may tip toe the line between horror/suspense but i'd say use your best judgement.

This was tough :sadcam: I'm never satisfied with my lists on these things so here is my in progress list. There may be some changes.

1. Vertigo
2. Diabolique
3. The Sixth Sense
4. North by Northwest
5. Strangers on a Train
6. Se7en
7. The Silence of the Lambs
8. L.A. Confidential
9. Memento
10. Memories of Murder

Honorable Mention:
El Secreto De Sus Ojos (The Secret in their Eyes)
Black Swan
The Night of the Hunter
The Skin I Live in
TimeCrimes (Los Cronocrimenes)

Let the voting and the debates begin!

Caesar1.jpg

#ColiTopTen

#MovieClub

@HHR @MartyMcFly @kp404 @blazn101 @Sensitive Blake Griffin @Prodigal Syndicate @StraxStrax @obarth @hexagram23

@hexagram23 @Jax Please sticky this brehs.

FINAL RESULTS

1. SE7EN
2. VERTIGO
3. REAR WINDOW
4. THE USUAL SUSPECTS
5. THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
6. PSYCHO
7. CHINATOWN
8. NORTH BY NORTHWEST
9. STRANGERS ON A TRAIN
10. ZODIAC

HM:
BLACK SWAN
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If you ask me I say no that it's more fantasy. IMDB lists it as drama/fantasy/war

I do like the mention of The Game. I love that film more than most..:

@Sensitive Blake Griffin never thought of 12 monkeys was saving it for when we do Sci Fi..good choice though breh :lupe:
yeah.. I keep thinking of a lot of movies that really tow the line between genres, but 12 monkeys really has a "mystery" element to it that I believe qualifies it, since you really spend the movie trying to figure out what the fukk is going on and who/what is the army of the 12 monkeys. This is not an easy list to make to say the least.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
yeah.. I keep thinking of a lot of movies that really tow the line between genres, but 12 monkeys really has a "mystery" element to it that I believe qualifies it, since you really spend the movie trying to figure out what the fukk is going on and who/what is the army of the 12 monkeys. This is not an easy list to make to say the least.
breh i tinkered with it all day yesterday.

I recently bought all the Nolan's and Coen's on blu so i gotta re-peep Memento, No country, prestige etc

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
breh i tinkered with it all day yesterday.

I recently bought all the Nolan's and Coen's on blu so i gotta re-peep Memento, No country, prestige etc
I keep coming to a shytton of fincher and nolan flicks (just added insomnia but could also and might add prestige), trying to have a somewhat diverse list. What I really need to do though is repeep a bunch of hitchcock flicks because there is no way I can have a top 10 without at least one hitchcock flick

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I keep coming to a shytton of fincher and nolan flicks (just added insomnia but could also and might add prestige), trying to have a somewhat diverse list. What I really need to do though is repeep a bunch of hitchcock flicks because there is no way I can have a top 10 without at least one hitchcock flick
i really wrestled with the Polanski flicks. I know most people will choose Chinatown..but I prefer Rosemary's Baby..but then i'd have to add Psycho..even though both were in the horror thread.. this list is a mindfukk breh :sadbron:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I'm going all mystery because thrillers and suspense are kinda vague too me. So every movie on my list will have to have something big that a character doesn't know or the audience that matters to the story and plot.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i really wrestled with the Polanski flicks. I know most people will choose Chinatown..but I prefer Rosemary's Baby..but then i'd have to add Psycho..even though both were in the horror thread.. this list is a mindfukk breh :sadbron:
I just watched Chinatown recently and it was kinda meh to me, I dunno, just didn't do much for me.

My problem is there are some thrillers that are so far and away from mystery/suspense, for example, Jurassic Park is a really "thrilling" movie to me, especially all the shyt with the raptors towards the end

along with obvious mystery movies I'm really trying to think of movies I felt "thrilled' during.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:patrice:3 Weeks to vote. C'mon breh we need more than a week to discuss the final list.

These brehs should know by now how it goes. :smugdraper:2 weeks to get your list together.

So far...
  1. Se7en
  2. North By Northwest
  3. Vertigo
  4. Cape Fear 1991
  5. Chinatown
  6. The Usual Suspects
  7. Fargo
  8. Inception
  9. The Game
  10. Basic Instinct

HM: Manchurian Candidate, Notorious, The Devil's Advocate, The Bourne Supremacy, The Fugitive

Still nee to watch Mullholland Drive, Zodiac, Maltese Falcon, Rear Window

Last edited: