7. Le Samourai (France)
8. Solaris (Soviet/Russian)
9. The Seventh Seal (Swedish)
10. Bande a Part (France)

Just off my head

clouddd

had cyphers with yeezy before his mouth wired
Daps
i dont feel like making an entire list but La Strada is my fave. so many dope metaphors & feels kinda surreal even though its a simple movie

and i like that fellini cast his wife as the 'odd looking' woman, she's one of my favorite characters
she's incredible man...just has the most powerful screen presence
If you ain't got City of God on your list:ufdup:
:patrice:it's a lot of movies out there, breh. City of God is great though, and is basically foreign cinema for folks who don't fukk with foreign cinema. a really good gateway film if you let it
Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo, lit should be on EVERYBODY's number one list. :troll:
Once Upon a Time in the West is my favorite, but each of his films are truly great

sun raw

All Star
Daps
City of God is fine but yeah, gateway film is right. Now if you really want to fukk with Brazilian movies, get into Cinema Novo, which was their new wave. Challenging shyt right there.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
:patrice:it's a lot of movies out there, breh. City of God is great though, and is basically foreign cinema for folks who don't fukk with foreign cinema. a really good gateway film if you let it

Agreed but since I've got you here quoted.
The Passion of Joan of Arc and Au Hasard Balthazar are boring as hell. I can respect there place in film history but they don't hold up at all.

Last edited:

inthebushes

Dont Hate Participate
Daps
Reppin
Byrd Gang
I mostly only watch Japanese films, so I'll just give my fav of those. These def ain't all classics though

Sonatine
Outrage
Fireworks
Zatoichi
Seven Samurai
Yojimbo
Letters from Iwo Jima
City of Life and Death
Ichi the Killer
Grace of the Fireflies
Akira

Just had to throw some Anime in there:troll:

I guess you can call me a big Beat Takeshi/Yakuza stan:skip:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Here we go: My top 10 Foreign Language Films of all time and it took all weekend to review some films to get this list made:

1.M (1931 Germany)-Directed by Fritz Lang. Starring Peter Lorre, Ellen Widmann.
2.City of God (2002 Brazil)-Directed by Fernando Meirelles. Starring Katia Lund, Alexandre Rodriguez.
3.Downfall (2004 Germany)-Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel. Starring Bruno Ganz, Alexandra Maria Lara
4.Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972 West Germany)-Directed by Werner Herzog. Starring Klaus Kinski, Ruy Guerra
5.Yojimbo (1961 Japan)-Directed by Akira Kurosawa. Starring Toshiro Mifune, Eljiro Tono.
6.Eyes Without A Face (1960 France)-Directed by Georges Franju. Starring Pierre Brasseur, Alida Valli.
7.Pierrot Le Fou (1965 France)-Directed by Jean-Luc Godard. Starring Jean-Paul Belmondo, Anna Karina.
8.The Lives of Others (2006 Germany)-Directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck. Starring Ulrich Muhe, Martina Gedeck.
9.Amores Perros (2000 Mexico)-Directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. Starring Emilio Echevarria, Gael Garcia Bernal.
10.Oldboy (2003 South Korea)-Directed by Chan-wook Park. Starring Min-sik Choi, Ji-tae Yu.

***HONORABLE MENTIONS***
1.Pan's Labyrinth (2006 Spain)-Directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Starring Ivana Baquero, Ariadna Gil.
2.Dogtooth (2009 Greece)-Directed by Yorgos Lanthimos. Starring Christos Stergioglou, Michele Valley.
3.Metropolis (1927 Germany)-Directed by Fritz Lang. Starring Brigitte Helm, Alfred Abel.
4.Incendies (2010 France)-Directed by Denis Villenueve. Starring Lubna Azabel, Maxim Gaudette.
5.Shoah (1985 Germany)-Directed by Claude Lanzmann. Starring Simon Srebnik, Michael Podchlebnik.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Here we go: My top 10 Foreign Language Films of all time and it took all weekend to review some films to get this list made:

1.M (1931 Germany)-Directed by Fritz Lang. Starring Peter Lorre, Ellen Widmann.
2.City of God (2002 Brazil)-Directed by Fernando Meirelles. Starring Katia Lund, Alexandre Rodriguez.
3.Downfall (2004 Germany)-Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel. Starring Bruno Ganz, Alexandra Maria Lara
4.Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972 West Germany)-Directed by Werner Herzog. Starring Klaus Kinski, Ruy Guerra
5.Yojimbo (1961 Japan)-Directed by Akira Kurosawa. Starring Toshiro Mifune, Eljiro Tono.
6.Eyes Without A Face (1960 France)-Directed by Georges Franju. Starring Pierre Brasseur, Alida Valli.
7.Pierrot Le Fou (1965 France)-Directed by Jean-Luc Godard. Starring Jean-Paul Belmondo, Anna Karina.
8.The Lives of Others (2006 Germany)-Directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck. Starring Ulrich Muhe, Martina Gedeck.
9.Amores Perros (2000 Mexico)-Directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. Starring Emilio Echevarria, Gael Garcia Bernal.
10.Oldboy (2003 South Korea)-Directed by Chan-wook Park. Starring Min-sik Choi, Ji-tae Yu.

***HONORABLE MENTIONS***
1.Pan's Labyrinth (2006 Spain)-Directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Starring Ivana Baquero, Ariadna Gil.
2.Dogtooth (2009 Greece)-Directed by Yorgos Lanthimos. Starring Christos Stergioglou, Michele Valley.
3.Metropolis (1927 Germany)-Directed by Fritz Lang. Starring Brigitte Helm, Alfred Abel.
4.Incendies (2010 France)-Directed by Denis Villenueve. Starring Lubna Azabel, Maxim Gaudette.
5.Shoah (1985 Germany)-Directed by Claude Lanzmann. Starring Simon Srebnik, Michael Podchlebnik.

Interesting choice on the Pierrot le fou..i had a love/hate relationship with it on first viewing..but i hear it gets better subsequent viewings

Gonna Peep Eyes without a face

protestor

Man of the year
Daps
Reppin
Protesting
I thought about putting 13 on my list. The movie as a whole was OK but the tournament scene is some of the most intense scenes I have seen on film.

Agreed, those betting scenes were intense and original.

I wasent too fond of the ending though.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo, lit should be on EVERYBODY's number one list. :troll:

you bring up a good point breh.

it would be #1 on mine

but it had dubbing and the OP says non english speaking

but people are also including a german SILENT film with english subtitles :ohhh:

@StraxStrax we need that ruling

StraxStrax

Daps
you bring up a good point breh.

it would be #1 on mine

but it had dubbing and the OP says non english speaking

but people are also including a german SILENT film with english subtitles :ohhh:

@StraxStrax we need that ruling

The 3 main characters speak english so it's out.
Silent films produced outside the US/UK are allowed if the actors and director are not from US/UK - with or without subtitles. I doubt it will matter tho.

Also anyone not putting their list with numbers
and so on

WILL NOT BE COUNTED

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
1. 400 blows
2. City of God
3. Old Boy
4. Band of Outsiders
5. The girl with the dragon tattoo
6. The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest
7. The Girl who played with Fire
8. Z
9. Persona
10. Battle of Algiers

Honorable mentionns

-The Hunt
-La Haine
-Eastern Promises

Last edited:

StraxStrax

Daps
why do the lists have to be numbered?

Because some people just throw the top 10 in random order and we are looking for a top 10 list

1. gets 10 points
2. gets 9 points
3. gets 8 points and so on

I've never been a fan of having one point for each in the top ten and the one how has the most mentions wins.