Essential The Coli's GQ Thread: Men's Fashion

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I’ve really started stepping up my wardrobe. All my dress shirts are bespoke. With $300-$400 I’ll get 10 bespoke dress shirts from Nigeria with solid cotton material and weaves. Same quality shirt is going for $100 a pop stateside before any tailoring.

I remind myself that the change won’t happen overnight as I’ve also been dropping weight so I have to be measured on what I splurge on.

Don’t want clothes that might not fit well next couple of months. Usually why I prefer building from the “ground” up by spending on shoes and accessories. GAP, BR etc are holding me down for respectable staples and basics.

Am I just late or is the fashion trend now to wear trousers without belts?

It’s definitely becoming more mainstream. It’s just a cleaner, more fashion forward look.

When next I’m in Nigeria I’ll have my tailor make a couple of pants with no belt loops, just side fasteners.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s definitely becoming more mainstream. It’s just a cleaner, more fashion forward look.

When next I’m in Nigeria I’ll have my tailor make a couple of pants with no belt loops, just side fasteners.
It might be the algorithm but I'm seeing a lot of Italian style trending lately. Italian cuts. Beltless trousers.

Even tassel loafers are seemingly on the rise.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Not for me. But I do like the combo of camel and cream colors.

Anyone spending money on cashmere socks is an a$$hole. Or rich AF.

I get merino wool. But cashmere? For socks?
Eff you, buddy.

All his IG stuff is on that "stealth wealth" steez.

I can't but think that cashmere gotta be hotter than a mug.

I have 2 cashmere joints, and there's gotta be snow in the air and on the ground for me to rock them.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
cn56151329.jpg

Picked up 2 long sleeve luxe touch tshirts from BRF for layering purposes...