Essential The Coli's GQ Thread: Men's Fashion

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
How do Express chinos fit ?
I personally don't think they taper enough but nothing a tailor can't fix.

Copped these:

image1xl.jpg

image3xl.jpg

image4xl.jpg

http://us.asos.com/Frank-Wright-Mil...9GcmFuay1XcmlnaHQtTWlsaXRhcnktQm9vdHMvUHJvZC8.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Can I get some help?

I like my shoes. I realize that I don't have Ballin ass shoes. (Allen Edmunds strands). I really like how they look but...
7owl.jpg
wyxm.jpg

They are getting worn very quickly, because they have all leather tops and soles. I know that Allen Edmunds will replace the sole for free or some really low price, but I want to save that for at least 2 years from now. I walk on pavement a lot, and I don't think there is any way to stop this from progressing to the point where the threading is worn and the sole comes loose.

Somebody told me that I could get a thin rubber sole place on the shoe, but I think that really messes up the look of the shoe. I have also heard good things about shoe taps.

Has anyone here had experience with Rubber soles? Is that a tacky thing to do. I know a guy with LV's shoes who put fukking rubber on the soles, and I thought it looked pretty fukking ugly.
nkeu.jpg

2wxn.jpg

Is there anything I can do?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Can I get some help?

I like my shoes. I realize that I don't have Ballin ass shoes. (Allen Edmunds strands). I really like how they look but...
7owl.jpg
wyxm.jpg

They are getting worn very quickly, because they have all leather tops and soles. I know that Allen Edmunds will replace the sole for free or some really low price, but I want to save that for at least 2 years from now. I walk on pavement a lot, and I don't think there is any way to stop this from progressing to the point where the threading is worn and the sole comes loose.

Somebody told me that I could get a thin rubber sole place on the shoe, but I think that really messes up the look of the shoe. I have also heard good things about shoe taps.

Has anyone here had experience with Rubber soles? Is that a tacky thing to do. I know a guy with LV's shoes who put fukking rubber on the soles, and I thought it looked pretty fukking ugly.
nkeu.jpg

2wxn.jpg

Is there anything I can do?
but put some damn shoe trees in those edmonds :damn:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
but put some damn shoe trees in those edmonds :damn:

In the second picture, you can see that I have shoe trees in the black pair. i don't shine my shoes with trees inserted, and i was shinning my shoes when i took those pictures.

Anything I can do about the leather soles?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
In the second picture, you can see that I have shoe trees in the black pair. i don't shine my shoes with trees inserted, and i was shinning my shoes when i took those pictures.

Anything I can do about the leather soles?
im no expert on this..read this on another board once

"Another easy way to prolong the life of AE or any dress shoe is to visit a cobbler/shoemaker and have him put heel taps on the bottom of the front AND the heel of your shoe. While plastic taps are ok, rubber is ideal.

"