The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Really uneventful finale that I guess could act as a series finale. All the storylines got wrapped up lickity split with no real controversy or pushback. Seems like everyone in the show is just kind of over it.

the ending made me sad and nostalgic for season 1 and what the show could have been had it not turned into a soap opera like power. The show just went too far left on highlighting all the negatives about the black community and Chicago instead of any positive things, like community, tradition, rehabilitation, entrepreneurship etc. the finale tried to highlight some of it but too little too late.

I haven’t heard one upbeat happy song until that end scene this entire season. Even shameless had more happy moments than this.

‘either way, I won’t miss it if it don’t come back. I hate to see a black show get cancelled but we need more well rounded content, especially with insecure ending

edit—-

and Tiff is fukking trash

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Lena turned Kev into a Coli breh.
:snoop:

The Mayor of Chicago flees the city in broad daylight. As much shyt as Douda has been involved in, the media would've been camped outside his house 24/7.
:unimpressed:

Dre actually has a job!
:gladbron:

Tiff's a whore.
:scust:

Jada's gonna be alright!
:blessed:

R.I.P. Darnell's bluetooth.
:mjcry:

Darnell's bluetooth is back!
:ooh:

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy!
:ohlawd:

Kandi & Jason Weaver were back.
:leon:

...but where was Lala?
:jbhmm:

Jason Weaver started waving that rainbow flag fast, didn't he?
:sas2:

I like Russell Westbrook for Keisha.
:obama:

Side note, I'm glad my Wizards sent Russell Westbrook to the bushes.
:camby:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
:mjlol:So the mayor of Chicago can just “leave”. The story with Emmett and tiff is downright ridiculous and nonsensical:stopitslime:The story with Emmett and tiff is downright ridiculous and nonsensical. Show had so much potential and turned to shyt
Not only can the Mayor just leave, but his wife can automatically assume his office.
:troll:

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Tiff ho ass ain't shyt.:gucci: Maybe she'll learn after she gets her ass beat again by the next nikka. Dante set her ass straight. "I'm yo nikka":ufdup: Emmitt should have trusted his gut. I see lil EJ still rocking his winter hat:mjgrin: So Tracy fell in love with Douda?:comeon: I'm sure Ronnie is turning over in his grave. I thought Shad and the treh was gonna catch a couple of hot ones after the altercation in the alley. Still don't see the purpose of his character. And who the fukk is Meldrick and why should I give a shyt about this brand new character introduced in what is hopefully the series finale?:what: Invite a teenage child to live with you without talking to your wife brehs?:martin: Seems like damn near every young female in this show got an attitude problem. Does Kandi standing in the mayor's office mean she's replacing him or something? I figured there would be there be a special election or some shyt. :patrice: I wonder what the 63rd Street Mob is up to ever since Trig and the treh turned their traphouse into Trinity House:skip: Happy to see Jada is on the road to remission hopefully. I wonder how many women Suede slid through in the room of people celebrating her recovery:lolbron: While I find it totally unbelievable that a young breh would be so committed to playing step pops with a female who suffered as much trauma as Keisha, I'm happy he doesn't appear to be a serial killer and she's found happiness. The mayor of Chicago slips away in the middle of the afternoon like a cat burglar:heh: Why was everybody acting like Douda was in the clear because Trig got hold of the home security footage? The fukking EYEWITNESS is alive and well in the hospital :wtf: